Weekend Photo Fun 6-30-2006

Zephyr

Rocket Red
Weekend Photo Fun for the weekend starting on Friday, June 30, 2006!

I haven't posted in a while because I have been out traveling a lot lately. And I took my first Acela trip a couple weeks ago!

img53999uf.jpg

img53946wn.jpg

img54446fy.jpg

Now for the model trains - these were taken at the Sunrise Club last night. My Broadway Limited AC6000 and Athearn AC4400 are on the point.
img55923gl.jpg

img55994be.jpg

img56176mj.jpg

img56184wg.jpg

img56217wt.jpg

img56232ak.jpg

img56258mi.jpg

img56282dm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics. I love the kodachrom scheme- Athearn makes a RTR kodachrome GP35. It looks nice.

today is a sad anniversary- CGWs last day. It was merged into CNW at 12:01AM, on July 1, 1968. Goodbye old friend.
Here's FP7 #116A, the only engine currently in CGW paint
cgwfp7116a35tr.jpg

cgwfp7116a20dl.jpg

cgwfp7116a5tg.jpg

cgwcbrlogo7ie.jpg

Steve, it's at the ex-CGW Oelwein (iowa) yard. It is "one of those places that can never die, yet it has".

Hello all, and happy Friday.

I got around to taking some shots of some locomotives and rolling stock that have been detailed and weathered by other modelers.

P6292100.png

The first is an Athearn SD40-2, painted for Conrail, with a CSX patch, # 8854. Weathered, patched, and detailed by Bruce Friedman. Acquired off eBay. For more of Bruce's locomotives, and his layout, go to http://www.chessiesystem.com/ .

P6292095.png

P6292097.png

The next is a set of Athearn SE locomotives, Union Pacific "Operation Redblock" SD40-2 #4238, and Union Pacific "We Will Deliver" GP50 #5542. These were weathered and detailed by John Bezuyen of Southern Tier Modelworks.

P6292094.png

Next is a Life-Like P2K Chessie GP30, modeled as CSX GP30M # 4204. Modeler unknown.

P6292088.png

P6292089.png

P6292090.png

This is a set of Athearn SW1500's, in Seaboard System paint. The first is CSXT #1115, the second CSXT # 1124. Modeler unknown.

P6292091.png

Last, but definitely not least, is an Accurail Family Lines System 47' 3 bay hopper, with a CSX patch. # 243608. This was weathered by the infamous "0atman" on eBay. Never seen him on a forum, however.

I also own a "MrKluke" Chessie/CSX GP35. For pictures and info on this locomotive, head over to http://www.modeltrainsweathered.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=601 . Feel free to take a look at the rest of the site as well.

Matt

Extra! Extra!

P6292093.png

This is a (standard line) Life-Like 40' gondola, painted for Amtrak. Amtrak's MOW units use ALMOST the same or the same orange that CSX uses for its MOW units. This car was in a complete state of dismay when I bought it. (For very, very cheap I might add) It came with the neat ballast load, so I patched the "Amtrak" and "AMTK" and number, and added CSXT decals and a CSX number. I also added body-mounted Kadees and metal wheelsets. It's a fantasy job, but saved an ailing Life-Like veteran.

Matt

Here's one I missed:

P6292085.png

This is an Athearn GP40-2. It was custom painted, decaled, and weathered. It needs details, and handrails. Modeler unknown.

and more

i live in binghamton ny for those that dont know we were hit by alot of rain and flooding this past week the water is starting to go down but lots or roads are still closed

EMT that's very bad, The National Weather Service says more than a foot of rain fell on the Mid-Atlantic region over five days.

That's more than the rainfall total for the first five months of the year at National Airport. And it dwarfs precipitation from some recent hurricanes.

All good things come to an end

Here an M1A crosses the old girder bridge on the Yarrow valley sub in the final days of the railroad
94186465.gif

and now the track's been lifted and mother nature has taken over the trackbed
162397679.gif

and another shot showing why they shut the railroad, the girder bridge rusted through beyond economical repair, shortley after the last days of service it collapsed into the mud joining the RS11
162401149.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve B said:
All good things come to an end

Here an M1A crosses the old girder bridge on the Yarrow valley sub in the final days of the railroad
94186465.gif

and now the track's been lifted and mother nature has taken over the trackbed
162397679.gif

and another shot showing why they shut the railroad, the girder bridge rusted through beyond economical repair, shortley after the last days of service it collapsed into the mud joining the RS11
162401149.gif

Hey Steve,
I Love it!! The Before-N-After shots really do the trick of relaying the story of the road to me. Bravo!! Might make for a good photo contest theme, huh?

Johnny

Evening Steve. Loved the photos.Your M1A,is that a Bowser model,or is it a Broadway Limited? Nice work sir.:cool: .William.

enjineerbill said:
Hey Steve,
I Love it!! The Before-N-After shots really do the trick of relaying the story of the road to me. Bravo!! Might make for a good photo contest theme, huh?

Johnny

BIG DITTO!
I like the theme change: from everything perfect to, well...not so perfect.

Thank's guy's, the loco is a BLI first run model of the M1A, i sold it and bought a diesel LL GP20 with sound, i'll miss her but the diesel will fit in better

Great work, Steve. You've hit on something seldom modeled, the overgrown remnants of the past. It's a theme that could add serious realism to many modeled scenes.

Back