Weekend Photo Fun 6-17 to 6-19

Secondhandmodeler

All new now!
I took a few pictures this morning so I figured I start the Photo Fun!:)

I installed a new guard rail for the highway that runs below the trestle.

newlayout6-17-11001.jpg

Caught the early morning local rumbling through town.

newlayout6-17-11005.png

newlayout6-17-11007.png

I've been working on a Bachmann GP7, rebuilding it into something resembling a GP9 and threw in an angular cab from an SD40. The fans I used also came from the SD40. I think I've done as much as I can for now.

DSCN1111.jpg

DSCN1114.jpg

DSCN1077.jpg

DSCN1078.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had the chance to work on the HOn3 layout in about six months, but I did get the mainline finished last week. Now to start laying track for the industries. Hopefully my two new C-19's will be in soon.

261738_520529907895_116400015_30568498_2368135_n.jpg

Deadwood Central 6-17-11

263574_520529922865_116400015_30568499_4499579_n.jpg

K-27 waiting for something to do.

The culmination of a couple recent projects. A few days ago I installed decoders and LED headlights into a pair of Proto2000 MILW E-units for fellow club members who are a father-son team. They had bought the two units from another club member, and the two units were running and looking so nice the original owner was jealous. I also added a dozen more trailers to my Swift Roadrailer train recently and was testing out the long train on the layout. The train took up almost a loop and a half on the helix and it was a good thing the E9's are heavyweight brutes. I must be straining the limits of the tongue and pin system Bowser used with the roadrailers.
After making several laps around the layout with the E9's, I put some proper SP power on the train. This photo will give you some idea how long the train was. This view shows the Seaport Station on the OMRS layout in Lacey, WA.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The OMRS is located at the Thurston County Fairgrounds in the basement of the log cabin looking Heritage Building. There is a outside entrance on the righthand end of the building when looking at the front door. The club meeting times are Thursday nights between 6 and 9pm and most Saturdays between 10am and noon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Motley, just curious, If I remember correctly, you got a new camera, a Panasonic Lumix. What settings are you using on it? I got the Lumix DMC FH5 and haven't started playing with it yet, I'd like to try your settings and go from there. Have you tried the Panorama option yet? Thanks.

Motley, just curious, If I remember correctly, you got a new camera, a Panasonic Lumix. What settings are you using on it? I got the Lumix DMC FH5 and haven't started playing with it yet, I'd like to try your settings and go from there. Have you tried the Panorama option yet? Thanks.

Yes, your are correct. I've just been using it on the IA (Intelligent Auto). No I haven't even tried the panorama option. I should try it out though. I really like the 16:9 setting though.

Been shooting a few videos also. Great camera!

The culmination of a couple recent projects. A few days ago I installed decoders and LED headlights into a pair of Proto2000 MILW E-units for fellow club members who are a father-son team. They had bought the two units from another club member, and the two units were running and looking so nice the original owner was jealous. I also added a dozen more trailers to my Swift Roadrailer train recently and was testing out the long train on the layout. The train took up almost a loop and a half on the helix and it was a good thing the E9's are heavyweight brutes. I must be straining the limits of the tongue and pin system Bowser used with the roadrailers.
After making several laps around the layout with the E9's, I put some proper SP power on the train. This photo will give you some idea how long the train was. This view shows the Seaport Station on the OMRS layout in Lacey, WA.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The OMRS is located at the Thurston County Fairgrounds in the basement of the log cabin looking Heritage Building. There is a outside entrance on the righthand end of the building when looking at the front door. The club meeting times are Thursday nights between 6 and 9pm and most Saturdays between 10am and noon.

always jeolous of your photo's. That layout is just amazing. Have any non youtube videos? LOL, dam work blocked it.

Yes, your are correct. I've just been using it on the IA (Intelligent Auto). No I haven't even tried the panorama option. I should try it out though. I really like the 16:9 setting though.

Been shooting a few videos also. Great camera!

Thanks Motley. By the way, I didn't mean to ignore your scene, looks great!

I just finished sticking together a Walthers 50' B&O waffle side boxcar. The kit was old enough that it came with horn-hook couplers.

DSCN1117.jpg

DSCN1120.jpg

I started working on a diorama for taking pictures of my locomotive
fc7d4376.jpg

Didnt get to far because I pick this up last week!
0ae43f99.jpg

I hate getting sidetracked....

Thanks. I used AIM weathering powders and Valspar Clear Flat. The powder has to be applied a bit heavy as the Clear Flat makes most of it disappear.

Back