Weekend Photo Fun, 4-7/8

Mean't to add, for those unfamiliar with Spencer. Its Spencer NC. The North Carolina Transportation Museum. Located in the old Southern Shops. They have an antique car museum there as well. Usually on the weekends they have rides on the trains as well. Sometimes under steam!

No rain here Carey part two of our railfanning trip tonight, just enough light for this one at 7.45pm again 71000 on the way back to the East Lancs railway with the owners support coach, they dropped off the 13 coach train at Preston. Tommorow the 6233 takes over for the next leg to Scotland
P4080015.jpg

Lease unit MTS 6789 pulling a short local down a Michigan branchline.

local1.jpg

6789,is the second Athearn loco I bought and the very first Athearn SD40-2 sold in Grand Rapids.

The boxcar is an Accurail exterior post data only that I have added GVRT reporting marks to (and just niticed that I lost a number).

The Cooper grain hopper is an Accurail car done for the Kalamazoo model railroad club in 6 #s.It is new this year.If anyone is interested in getting some contact me off site and I'll get you in the right direction.( no I'm not a member but I collect club cars)

Larry
Sweet looking loco!

Steve B
Great shot!

Doc
Great layout shots!

Carey
Neat proto shots!

Steve B
Nice running shot!

Catt
Cool looking train!

We went to the interchange track and found the Penn central was dropping off a couple of cars.

Atlas Penn Central RS-11
interchange2007b_001a.jpg

Walthers Reading gondola (just finished installing grab irons)
interchange2007b_002a.jpg

Atlas Plywood Marketing Association Double Door Evans Boxcar (owned by a friend)
interchange2007b_003a.jpg

Athearn Penn Central W/V Caboose
interchange2007b_004a.jpg

Nothing much today, spent my day with my wife so I didn't do much. Hopefully the Aug 1979 RMC will show up Tuesday so I can continue work on the tower. For now:

Hey everyone. This was another great weekend of pics. Here's my last pic of the weekend...

Tom, love that run by. :cool:

Southbound on the CSX (in late afternoon light).
CSX_3_Large_.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
GrandeMan i want some of that sunshine it's great, till i get out the camera then, hey presto dark and cloudy
This is the only diesel hauled rail fan trip this weekend, class 47 up front
P4090026.jpg

Thanks!

Grande Man
You keep posting the great photos with your new camera and I am going to start wanting one real bad.

Chessie4155
Neat shot!

Steve B
Another cool proto shot!

guilty, just a little bit...

AAAlways fun to watch WPF!!
I'm going to feel guilty a little bit about not posting any new pictures but hounestly..Idon't have ..!!( only trees...:eek: )
May be next week:) , we'll visit a mrrclub exibition at my neighbourhood( about 20 miles from me) so...still enjoying the wpf pictures this week, thanks!!

Jos

Great WPF again! Thanks for sharing

grande man: Great proto pics

tenwheeler: Awesome modelling. Great attention to details

Selector: WOW! The weathered rails, sky backdrop, locomotive, and scenery all coming nicely into the picture.

trucula: Very nice scenery

Chessie4155 ; lovely scene

Kjd; Your attention to details is amazing. You have way more patience then I do. Great job

Dnhouston; This definitely is a higher level of modelling. Very well done. Very good aging and weathering of the "office". Looks great.

rhoward; Sweet scene!! Like your weathering. Very nice sky backdrop.

CIOR: excellent pics. Thanks for the video. Your scenery is amazing.

Tompm; great “drive by”

Brakie; Where’s the weathering?? Just kidding.:D

Steve B: Nice steam proto pics. Is the steamer on a regular run?

Doc Holliday; Great layout and funny scene (Dino):)

Cjcrescent; Great proto pics. Thanks for sharing

Slow progress on the BOeC

La Chine Tower

I’m currently “working” on improving and modifying a combination of
2 kits into one. One that I started 3 years ago but went into the “to do” bin.
At the moment there’s no detailing whatsoever. That will be next.

The building façade comes from a DPM kits, the side walls comes a styrene sheet
with bricks embossed into it, and the tower lookout comes from a pseudo-Control Tower building.

To start ,I weathered the bricks and cleaned up the windows. Next step will be to remove the
top portion, replace the windows, repaint the trim, weathered the roof, add some detailing
(including a sign with the Tower’s Name) etc…

Before pic:

200749145759_Tower%201.JPG

The Tower is temporary sitting on its future location. Foundation has yet to be done.

Progress to date:

200749145920_Tower2.JPG

2007491517_Tower3.JPG

To get the "colors" and "texture" I wanted for the brick I used something
quite elementary: Crayons and it worked perfectly. I used Dullcote to seal the colors in.

Crayons has in color pencils

20074915640_Tools%20A.JPG

Thanks everyone for a very good posting this weekend. Some day I will get something worthy of this thread. Grande man, you are getting good with that super camera. Don't you wish you could post in full resolution?;) :D

MLW that's a nice switch tower you did there, Josh why don't you start with something on this scale,,, only kidding, can't wait to see the Santa Fe tower complete.
This steam run started in London and goes all round the county over an eight day schedule useing seven different steam locomotives, the 71000 did London, Bristol,(to Penzance in cornwall by two other loco's), then Bristol, Preston and today was the turn of the 6233
apart from this trip there are loads of other steam trips, see the link at the bottom

Hi, Aggro. I got it in the fall of 05. It was one of the last Lionel HO ones available anywhere. It was being sold by modeltrains.ca near Toronto, in Ontario, but what I didn't know is that it was on ebay as I called. I wanted one 'cuz I thought it was cool, even though it would be an orphan on my layout. They agreed to reduce it if I bought it, and the rest is in the photo.

It is arguably my best runner and most reliable, and can rip the hide off a pig.

It would only be a guess, but I take it you see a way too shiny, needy model? :D

-Crandell

Dem grayhounds sure a beauties. :D

Yep they do have a helluva tractive grip. Cause they weight 4 pounds! lol I got mine back in what ever year (can't remember) when Trainworld began blowing them out for $225. Great deal for that much locomotive. But sooooo much tweeking and tuning needed to be done to get her to run right!

Now I occasionally run into a Lionel Challenger on ebay with some guy boasting that its a collector's item trying to sell it for $699 or somthing. Glad I acted quickly back then.

Ahahaha! Somtimes the simplest things can be the most effective!

To get the "colors" and "texture" I wanted for the brick I used something
quite elementary: Crayons and it worked perfectly. I used Dullcote to seal the colors in.

Crayons has in color pencils

20074915640_Tools%20A.JPG

Back