Weekend Photo Fun, 4-7/8

...Crandell - that shot is one of your best ever! How did you 'add' the sky - with a temporary backdrop, or Photoshop?...

Hello, and thanks for your compliment! The sky is photoshopped, and not by me. A fellow Canuck has been doing it....no way I could afford that software. :eek:

He also feels that this is a superior photo, but I must confess I don't see why. Clearly, I need to learn a bit more, or to teach my eye and brain to see what is good or only fair about something. It could be that the focus is good, since he has suggested I work on that. :rolleyes:

Thanks, again.

And Chip, I get you. My mastery of either backdrops or photo alteration are years in the future at best. ;)

Thanks, everyone, for you kind words. This forum is getting scary with all the horsepower showing in the skill and composition.

-Crandell

Wow

Excellent stuff from everyone so far this weekend. Its been a warm sunny day today so after cutting the grass and generally cleaning the garden up The trains came out.....

Watch the video on You Tube Here

The track survived the winter well and it was good to get out and watch themrun for a while. The only maintainace I had to do was walk round with a track rubber once.

John
RJR Branch Line
Indoors and now back outdoors again !!!:D

Awesome turntable tenwheeler.

Great photos all.

Been working on a lumberyard

djnrr_070325_003.jpg

and its office

djnrr_070407_001.jpg

Does it have something to do with a 737 fuselage transport car?

That wasn't too hard, it is the cradle that goes under the wing roots on the fuselage. I have been working on it a little everyday, hoping to have it done by the RPM meet in Bellingham, WA.

http://www.northwestrpm.com/RPM_Meet.htm info about that!
http://www.pbase.com/rselby/2006_pnw_rpm&page=all amazing photos from last year.

That Atlas turntable is unrecognizable and so much better looking! I like to photoshop backgrounds too. In fact I got the job I have partly from some of the photos I made. A few are here, I haven't had any time to make any new ones lately because of said job: http://members.trainorders.com/pmack/freemo/freemo.htm

Great video John and what a nice sunny day it was.
David can't wait to see the finnished wood yard, it already look's fantastic

Thanks one and all for your kind words. David, what a great looking lumber yard! I hope to see more pix of that in the future...

Bob

WOW! Some great work again this weekend. I'm glad I have you guys to help get me inspired. I spent part of today trying to get that "perfect" photo for the April contest. Here are a couple "Also Rans".

WeatheredFreight03w.png

WeatheredFreight02w.png

Had my first ops session, long story short, went well.

We did run a 80 car train, had 4 Proto SD60's in it. Pulled well for the most part. That many cars on a railroad with grades, well, you understand. It did well, but didn't like the 38" radius on the helix.
Good time though, had by all. Lots of trains and a few locals thrown in.

Thought I would add a few more of some scenery work I am doing. This is the area just in front of Seneca Lake. I have added a couple of "n" scale buildings here to give some forced perspective. The scenery is not finished yet but well on its way. The fence by the barn is scratch built and is the present project. I am about 1/3rd done with the fence. I have certainly gained added respect for those of you that work all the time in "nearly Invisible"! :cool:

FarmLand01w.png

FarmLand02w.png

FarmLand03w.png

FarmLand04w.png

Crandell when did you get that grayhound challenger?
Hi, Aggro. I got it in the fall of 05. It was one of the last Lionel HO ones available anywhere. It was being sold by modeltrains.ca near Toronto, in Ontario, but what I didn't know is that it was on ebay as I called. I wanted one 'cuz I thought it was cool, even though it would be an orphan on my layout. They agreed to reduce it if I bought it, and the rest is in the photo.

It is arguably my best runner and most reliable, and can rip the hide off a pig.

It would only be a guess, but I take it you see a way too shiny, needy model? :D

-Crandell

Chessie4155
Great scene and looking loco!

Paul
Neat little thing!

David
Nice job on the lumberyard!

Ray
Cool looking cars!

CIOR
Looks like great fun!

Ray
Cool layout shots!

Josh
Looking good!

I am still catching up on things with the new computer so here a few more oldies for now.

Here is an IHC 2-6-0 Motherhubbard that I converted from this:
lne_camela_001.jpg

lne_camela_003.jpg

To this:

lne_camelf_004.jpg

lne_camelf_007.jpg

A spot of railfanning turned up the 71000 on a round Britain trip, i think they are useing 5 different steam loco's for the week long excursion
P4080007.jpg

I finally found a little time and have done a little more scenery work on the BAD Western. Sorry about the poor quality pics. It's kinda hard to see in the pic, but the mine goes on forever thanks to a mirror at the end. Work at the Bigashol Mine also is coming to a stop due to the discovery of a fully intact T-Rex skeleton.
Doc
trestle2.jpg

noendmine.jpg

dembones.jpg

These are some of the hundred or so pix I took one of the last times I was at Spencer. Sorry I don't have any modelling pix but I didn't think yall wanted to see pix of leg braces on the layout!

I call this one Ghost in the rain. Which one is the "ghost"?
Ghostintherain.jpg

Budding Railfan?

Dad_Son.jpg

One for the Shay fans.

Shayonatable3.jpg

Back