Weekend Photo Fun 4/14 - 4/17

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
Long weekend guys, lets see who's not doing the normal easter thing! Well maybe you are and it involves trains?

Looks like I get to kick it off today. Nothing finished, but a work in progress:

Prototype:
DSCF2742.sized.jpg

Scratchbuilding a bridge (my first):
DSCF2777.sized.jpg

How it fits in the layout:
DSCF2786.sized.jpg

Obviously there is going to be a fair amount of sculptamold going in place and some adjustment of the bridge and pillars. And a fair coating of grimy black.

Just finished creating a CTC type panel for the RR. :cool: Created it from the JMRI's Panel Pro Program. Hooked it up to my NCE system. So Far works like a charm. Never thought I'd see the day that I could run the switches and trains from a Computer.:eek:

Now i am trying to create a picture of it to display.

Bob a.

Spent the weekend cleaning up the yard. But I got a 10 or 12 hours in on the layout. But nothing to photo. I did get the second decoder into my GP-38. Now it has a SoundTrax and an NCE N scale. I want it to run as smooth as when I got it.

I got a good stretch of work done on my layout on saturday (~8hrs worth), ballasting the rest of the main line and a few lineside spurs. Nothing that I'm ready to photograph though (it's 11:30pm and I have to work tomorrow). No train activity today, helped CFO ready the house for Easter dinner guests. Then took the whole family to visit my Stepmom for 'dessert'.

Hope everyone had a great Easter [if you celebrate it that is...]

Sorry I'm late.

It has been pretty busy the last few days but I managed to take a few pics:

2006416152855_locoatl.jpg

2006416152837_hprp2k.jpg

2006416152820_boxcr.jpg

200641615284_Atl%20hppr.jpg

Great photos guys, nice looking fleet of MLW's, I do like! :D You wouldn't have a good roof shot of the RS-18's that you could share per chance?
Well not to much, but its a restart, I haven't done anything in the train room since last November so tonight was the first. I made a setup for the April photo contest but I'm not happy with the results yet, however I did get some styrofoam pieces cut for under the station and between the roadbeds for the little yard. Hopefully I'll keep at it this time.
Second shot is the begining of my next MLW RS18
13.gif
Willis

Last edited by a moderator:
Humm, no wonder, don't own any Atlas units myself, Love the new pics Willis, been missing your input!

Thank's MLW, I'll be looking forward to it. I knew the roof wasn't like the roofs on RS models and I knew it was flat so I shaved the garbage off and cemented a sort of curved flat piece to cover the holes :D (actualy a piece of a U33C roof)

13.gif
Willis

Back