Weekend photo fun 31st Aug - 2nd Sept

And a BNSF 4427 covered hopper, from P2K.
DSC02277.jpg

And some UPS trailers... The Parcel trailer is waiting on the UPS logo decals. Oh and I think I may be picking up a partially complete 4x8 HO layout, from a guy in the area, so I have something to run trains on and take pictures on, besides the modules, and test track on my floor. Depends on if he'll come down below $75, and it has 22" or larger radius, and lastly, if I can find a truck to transport it in...

Nice everyone.

Ray,

Cool idea. I'm just finishing the shingles on a station. Now I wish I would have digitized them.

Jeffery,

I see you got the VGA camera. It'll be a whole new world when the 3.2 arrives.

Josh, Your UPS trailers look great, I still have a few unbuilt RPP trailers along with many other unstarted RPP projects. I can't keep up with you though! ;-)

Todd Templeton

Nice shots all . Hey Josh it may be worth renting a trailer or see if you can borrow one !
Yeah, well a Uhaul in-town Pickup is $20 Plus $.12 mileage, or so, last I knew. 4x8 would allow me to "play" when I don't feel like "surfing" anymore!

Josh you going to nead a bigger layout soon to accomodate the 12 lane freeway you'll need
Hush! There's plenty of overpasses, and Intermodal trains for the trucks...

Josh, Your UPS trailers look great, I still have a few unbuilt RPP trailers along with many other unstarted RPP projects. I can't keep up with you though! ;-)

Todd Templeton
Keep up, Heck its taken me over a year since I first picked up those 28' containers! I've only "finished" one so far! I just got into the colors recently so these were test runs.

P.S. Jeffrey, those pictures are looking awesome!

Tis Sunday and all is well. At least on this side of the street....:rolleyes:

I have basically completed the bandstand got a couple shots while it is being checked on the layout. I still have alot to do with scene like adding the band, people, lawn, some worn areas, etc. but it is coming along. I got the sidewalks in. Yes I know they are dark but they are not made of concrete. Back in them days 'round this neck 'o the woods we used slate more often. ;)

Anyway this will give you an idea of what it will look like when I get it done.

Bandstand10w.png

Bandstand11w.png

Got to pull it out tomorrow and take it up to the Nursing Home to show my Father-in-law what he got me into many years ago.... BTW he will be 94 years young tomorrow.

I didn't get any modeling done this week, because we were on the road all week to Glacier NP and back, via Great Falls, MT. It was a great trip, and now I'm all motivated to ride the Emprie Builder from Seattle to Chicago! Here's a few railfan photos I took when the opportunities presented themselves:

Photo 1 is a shiny new BNSF ES44DC in Shelby, MT:
DSC00755.png

I thought this was a really neat photo. Heritage I, II, and III, but not necessarily in that order :D . SD40-2, ES44DC, and Dash-9 - pretty maids all in a row :D
DSC00757.png

Former Milwaukee Rd station, now home to law offices and whatnot (including a small McDonald's) in Great Falls, MT:
DSC00798.png

Great pics every one, didnt get to join in this weekend due to a 4 day stay in hospital, with an infection behind my kneecap,but Im on the mend. Ive got a week at home "recovering" alternate spelling "modelling" :)

Back