Weekend Photo Fun 30-31-1

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

Myowngod

Pennsy Tuscan Red Blood
Just getting the scenery in on this section of layout. It is very time consuming with the rock molds and hand carving.

They are Rockin' ;)

What is the colors you used on the section under the red sifter in this picture? I like the look.

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
P1010003-48.jpg

GN.2-6-8-0

Jeffrey, the computer power supply is a good idea and certainly better than dropping resistors. I still like 12 volts since all my lights are hooked up to the rheostat side of several 12 volt power packs and I can brighten and dim the lights at will.

Anthony, I don't hate him for having a Yellowstone, I hate him for having a layout with broad enough curves to run one of those monsters. :)

DK, all that rock work is time consuming and tedious (not to mention messy) at times but it sure is coming out nice. I really like that cliff face just before the portal.

Yep' Yellowstones and their brethren need lotta's room to roam and wide ass curves :D
Layout is about 70' by 20' with max 38'' radii you can see Irene bridge to the right of corvette John.....yeah the old guy's a hotrodder :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

dk-espee

I am using a combo of country tan, terra cotta, nutmeg brown, burnt umber, pewter grey, and golden brown. All paints are Wal-Mart art acrylics.

NYSW F45

Yep' Yellowstones and their brethren need lotta's room to roam and wide ass curves :D
Layout is about 70' by 20' with max 38'' radii you can see Irene bridge to the right of corvette John.....yeah the old guy's a hotrodder :rolleyes:

WOW:eek: I wish i knew of a place like that here in nj that had non-member operating sessions.

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
Jeffrey, the computer power supply is a good idea and certainly better than dropping resistors. I still like 12 volts since all my lights are hooked up to the rheostat side of several 12 volt power packs and I can brighten and dim the lights at will.

Here's yet another scene lit with bulbs powered by a computer power supply.

P1010017-5.jpg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.