Weekend Photo Fun 3-6/3-9

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
DSCN0583.jpg

Jeffrey, you have some nice looking cars, there.

A truck has traffic backed up, while GP7 no 8577 leads an East bound local over Hammer Creek bridge.

P1030314.jpg

Hi guys not been on here for a while, Some major changes taking / taken place in my shed ! I have decided it stime for a change and started again. The plan is to have several small interchangable "modules" with a non specific/scale scenic section. This means I can have both OO and On30 modules. For now Im working on a small On30 module and have been scratchbuilding some rolling stock. The module is based around a Orange Growers Association.

The Association of farmers have restored an old narrow gauge line and bought in a diesel loco which is probably too big for there needs.

STA52335.jpg

STA52329.jpg

STA52331.jpg

They also have a passanger car to allow transport between the farms/juice plant

weathedcoach2.jpg

weathedcoach5.jpg

weathedcoach6.jpg

A few flats for transporting crops ect

flats2.jpg

The module itself is only small (36" x 18") but is part of four being built by myself and others

STA52338.jpg

The modules wether OO or On30 sit on either side of the shed and are connected to each other via a large viaduct

STA52347.jpg

And finally as a fairwell to the old layouts a video monatge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpqEBMM347Y

John

The GP60 I have been working on is almost finished, and my SD45 project is slowly getting closer to completion.
IMG_4434.jpg

IMG_4436.jpg

Here's my progress on the Birmingham East District, of my shelf NS layout.

The loco is a converted SD60M unit of Genesis descent... so she has sound and ditchlights!

That will be an asphalt plant back there, behind the train.

3333699359_6c4026c6ea_o.jpg

Kyle

Mustangs

I love the mustang. I think it is a beautiful car, I hope Ford pulls out of their current mess.

The GP60 I have been working on is almost finished, and my SD45 project is slowly getting closer to completion.
IMG_4434.jpg

IMG_4436.jpg

awesome looking unit, soon to be units. What kind of hand rails are you using for the SD45? and what brand is the engine?

Nice photos, everyone. I have enjoyed all the modeling that has occured over the winter...you folks have been busy and turned out some great work.

Here is my photo for WPF.

IMG_4429csharasj.png

Jeffrey, looks like the local PD will have some much needed revenue. :)

Joh, I loved that old layout, especially the viaduct. Looks like you're working on a new one though. Is that all G scale? The details are fantastic.

Smoke, that SD-60 really makes me miss the old Southen paint scheme. Glad to see you're keeping it alive. The SD-45 is coming along nicely.

Kyle, nice looking engine and train. I like the ballast job too.

Crandell, great pic. Reminds of a real life encounter I had with a Pennsy steam engine in a tunnel. I thought my life was going to be over at a very young age. :eek:

Nice work everyone! Can't wait to get back to the scenery stage.
Here's a few shots of the new layout in progress.
I keep jumping from one project to another so it's slow going, but loving the smaller version of the old layout.

Thank you! I had to sit down for fifteen minutes, trying to come up with something like that... Had to be belittling in a way...:D
Cheers,
-Chris

Back