Weekend Photo Fun 3-18/3-19

JeffShultz

Stay off the tracks!
I was waiting to see if anyone else was going to kick this off, but I guess not...

So, my submissions for this week's extravaganza:

Okay, time for me to stick some in, now that I actually have something worthy of photographing again:

Grade crossing, now with NJ International crossing gates:
DSCF2706.sized.jpg

Equipment yard:
DSCF2709.sized.jpg

Street trackage, "Front St., Salem, OR":
DSCF2702.sized.jpg

More street trackage, "Front St., Salem, OR":
DSCF2696.sized.jpg

Yes, that's a steep little hill the road climbs right in front of the camera.

atsfmodeler said:
Nice job on the crossing gate scene, Jeff, especially on the street part. Are the gates operational?

Russell

ditto8pi.gif

What are you using to make your street pavement?
I'll be back later with a photo post.;) :)

Russell, no, they aren't operational yet, but I installed them so that I could make them operational at some later time.

Rex,

On the street running scene, the pavement is two layers of Woodland Scenics Smooth-It overlaid with joint compound (aka drywall mud).

On the grade crossing, it's more layers of Smooth-It than I remember.

The "concrete" street inserts are Walthers part 933-3140.

Ok, this is a photo report on my new extension. Please forgive the huge mess as I still haven't taken the time to find a proper place for anything since starting.

This is a distant shot of the extension with an overall view.
afx.sized.jpg

The entrance side to the extension. Notice the hole in the wall at left.
afy.sized.jpg

The common wall with the outer garage. In the background and far side of the door are the inclines to the upper levels and the lower mainline. The new part is from across the door to the foreground entrance in the wall.
afz.sized.jpg

Entrance through wall. The track is about 25 feet long before it goes back inside.
aga.sized.jpg

This is what the extension is connected to, the main layout. I know...what a mess!
agb.sized.jpg

I ordered myself a new undecorated Atlas Extended Vision Caboose off ebay, hopefully it'll arrive next week so I can get some photos for the next WPF. This will become the first piece of rolling stock for the CC&C. When the railroad is pulled of of Chapter 11 (I get a job,) I'll buy the details I need and might have a mini how-to topic.

Morning Rex. After looking at the photos you posted,I am amazed. WOW,also comes to mind. From the look of things,you and CJ,have been mighty busy. When you get through with the benchwork,and trackwork,what sort of industries do you have in mind? If possible,I would like to come by sometime,and see it person. Looking good Sir,real good.William.

So now I guess its my turn. Mighty hard to come up with pix when you don't have a layout or a decent place to take a pic.

My thanx to Rex for this shot, I edited it out of a couple he shot for me way back when. Whatja bet he doesn't even remember, he's so old:D !

Carey. I had forgotten how good that 2-10-2 looked. She looks right at home on Rex's layout. By the way,which one is that? Is it the SS-1,or SS class? Still good looking after all this time.Great photo too.William.

I have been trying to find some time to actually get work done on the layout (I have been doing sound for the local High School Musical for the last 2 weeks).

The new room to house the extention of the layout is progressing nicely and is waiting for the heater to be installed. The trackage is finally underway at the Lisk enamelware plant, and an alphalfa pasture grows in the hot August sun at the Arthur Farm.

L&N Castle said:
Morning Rex. After looking at the photos you posted,I am amazed. WOW,also comes to mind. From the look of things,you and CJ,have been mighty busy. When you get through with the benchwork,and trackwork,what sort of industries do you have in mind? If possible,I would like to come by sometime,and see it person. Looking good Sir,real good.William.

Hah! William, you know that CJ didn't come out from hiding until all the hard work (benchwork) was done. Then when the fun started (trackwork), there he was with tools at hand and a s*** eating grin on his face:D :D The industries are still being decided, but there will be a town, refinery/chemical plant, power plant, small rolling mill, ore loading facility, furniture man'f., textile mill, furniture man'f., large machine shop, and and and.

CJ: Yeah man, I do remember taking that picture in 1927 at the Princeton, Ind. depot, not.:rolleyes: :D
BTW: Not 'so old', just older young person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff nice work, i like the look of the street trackage.
Rexnice work, what about the MESS,,, Fergie Sorry, what about the UNTIDYNESS, don't worry about it Rex, you should see my garage.
Carey more please, now you have a photo account.
Rayi like the backdrop on the right picture,

Steve, Carey has some beauties, but he is too bashful to show them...even with his new Nikon.:p :D

Oh, now I understand why Fergie chose the name M.E.S.S. That would have been fitting for me.
muhaha.gif

My weekend project, a little house extension 1/1 scale
i did the flat roof with glass fibre and grey gel coat
134144866.gif

and the view from the rear
134144873.gif

Wow great pics everyone! I'll upload some tonight, I made a trip to AZ again, and I took about 145 pics of trains!

Hey fellows, I really enjoyed the posts this weekend. Hopefully, there will be more added in the next few days.

Back