WeEkeNd PhOtO FuN 27th ApRiL 2007

RJR in OO

Well as of my post last weekend I have dropped a scale from On30 down to OO.

Although I Have parted with a lot of my stock I had a couple of HO diesels that had gone up to On30 ny being made wider and new cabs built on so I set to work converting them back. Once the body was back to shape it needed a new paint job..... What colours, new OO stock is British so they didnt really fit in until .....

virgin1and2.jpg

I have also bought some containers and flats

DHL2.jpg

And I also Took some videos .....

Dusk Trains

Evening Train

John

RJR Branch Line

Last edited by a moderator:
My "new" Athearn SE, BNSF GP50/GP60 repaint set. I converted the GP60 from a dummy to a powered unit with a chassis from an undec GP60. Now to part with the dummy undec GP60...

Hey, Hey, Hey! It's the weekend already. Don't have anything new to share from the layout, but did a little railfanning a few days back. Put some of these in a thread in the General discussions area but it almost immediately died.

These are from the Finger Lakes Railway near the old Lisk buildings in Canandaigua. They are reworking and ballasting track.

FLRWatLisk02w.png

For you weathering fans:
FLRWatLisk07w.png

FLRWatLisk03w.png

Some of the ties (I think they were some time ago) that are being replaced.
FLRWatLisk08w.png

Nice pics everyone. :cool:

Josh, I like that Geep 60. Kinda reminds me of one I saw recently...;)

Ray, It looks like someone is saving a few bucks on crossties. :)

Here's one off the CSX today (Black Creek). Unfortunately, I couldn't get to the other side of the track where the light would have been better.
WPF.JPG

MUAHAHAHAH! I've gotten that good news call, MY SPSF GP40X IS NOW IN! Now..just to muster up soem money to get the beaut, oh wait, i got 50 bucks yesterday! WHOOOO.

Tycoon & President JR a.k.a Alcomotive of UPRR MRR has acquired 2 "new" GM Lease units. Bought not leased from a the ever so popular company, E-bay that sells & buys new and used or abused locos, rolling stock and all other RR parts for your MRR company needs.

Fisrt up!

1. This unit is a EMD Leasing #769 GP 38-2 which will be active on the roster after some minor backshop work and testing of the new prime mover (Athearn driveline) that will power this locomotive. She came in on a drag of DOAs. It was decided that it was worth bringing her back to service due to low cost. DCC will be added along with LED light system and ditch lights. Weathering and additional small details like number boards will be in order as well :)
View attachment 6374
Next...

2. Unit #6047 also a EMD Leasing unit. She came under her own power with unbelievably low miles. This SD 40-2 will come in handy! Acquired with the other lease unit on a bargain low price. What is in store for her is the removal of her o'l lighting system and a new LED w/ditch will be added. DCC will also be installed to bring her in to compliancy. Weathering and additional small details like number boards will be in order as well :)
View attachment 6375
The next few pics are the location of a backshop located in the "office" for test & tune on some o'l used EZ track. All NMRA standard practices are enforced along with DCC aplications. This area is temporary until the CEO has finished an unknown development under construction of the UPRR MRR. Stay tuned for future development and pics. For now enjoy the small & few humble pics.:eek:

3. This is a shot of unit #6047 EMD Leasing next to a UP #8105 SD90/43MAC (KATO) working ditch lights & slightly weathered w/DCC.
View attachment 6376

4. Here we have a veiw of different motive power in the back ground ready to go "active" for duty along with some rolling stock. All of units except the new EMD lease unit are DCC and ready to work.

View attachment 6377

5. This last shot is another veiw of different motive power in the back ground ready to go "active" for duty along with some rolling stock. All of units except WC unit #6655 a SD 45, are DCC and ready to work. WC #6655 is waiting on a new prime mover to be installed w/DCC along with LED and ditch system. All rolling stock have been Kadeed, metal wheel installed and weighted per NMRA specs. Some will remain un weathered and some will get there chance of getting dirty at a later date.:D

View attachment 6378

Busy Saturday at RJR

I thought when I dropped a scale my Layout would seem bigger !! But because I can get RTR stock Iv'e got more !! So an extension was in order.

Spent the morning softening curves, replacing switches with longer more flowing ones, and adding anti-suicide barriers !!! (The shadow of the old track line can just be seen)

S7000519.jpg

S7000517.jpg

Then an extension was in order, a switch at the back of far loop was replaced leaving a derelict line, and a new curved switch dropped in....

S7000523.jpg

To give access to a new section of baseboad and a new yard...

S7000513.jpg

S7000511.jpg

S7000521.jpg

Unfortunatley due to strog blustery winds no stock could be taken out of the yard.

John

RJR

Great pics everyone..
Went for a walk last night and took the camera..Caught GM50 in the lead for once but I wasn't fast enough on the trigger..:eek: :eek:
HPIM0015.jpg

Very nice pictures everyone, love the extension John, i'll try and get over to see it soon, i'll bring a train or two with me.

Last shots for the weekend

Well my Dad picked up a set of three locos from distant relaive for £20, When I got them home ( Two A units and a B) I found one of the dummy ran like a drunk mouse so that go side linned. The other dummy and power unit went well but the paint job left something to be desired so... Repaint has started, two decent chasis cleaned and given a general once over.

The duff unit in its original paint job

Before.jpg

Cleaned chassis with paint work in progress for the two decent units

Inprogress.jpg

And finally, one of the problems with a garden railway is that the local squirrels and the wind can leave things on the track. The first run round on any day has to be done with supervision to ensure nothing derails. What to do to make life easy ?? Motorsports use a pace car so why not have a Safty loco, so here is the hero mid way through his paint job, taking point duty

SaftyLoco.jpg

Day glow yellow "be seen, be safe"

And just to excuse my ignorance if any one would like to correct me on my terms ( A and B Units) and the loco model type, please feel free Im here to learn.

John
RJR

Last weekend I picked up my two Atlas Dash 8-39B locomotives decorated for Montreal, Maine & Atlantic (MMA). The lead unit is sound equiped. Many of you know me for modeling a modern-day interpretation of the New York Central System, but I do indeed dabble in modeling shortlines and regionals in the northeast. The maroon boxcars trailing the engines were painted and decaled by me, and represent MMA's latest boxcar repaints. BTW, my NYCS interchanges with the MMA in Bangor, ME.

MMA_16.jpg

MMA_11.jpg

MMA_10.jpg

MMA_09.jpg

MMA_08.jpg

MMA_07.jpg

MMA_06.jpg

MMA_05.jpg

Beautiful units, Atlas has done a terrific job!

MMA_12.jpg

Last weekend I picked up my two Atlas Dash 8-39B locomotives decorated for Montreal, Maine & Atlantic (MMA). The lead unit is sound equiped. Many of you know me for modeling a modern-day interpretation of the New York Central System, but I do indeed dabble in modeling shortlines and regionals in the northeast. The maroon boxcars trailing the engines were painted and decaled by me, and represent MMA's latest boxcar repaints. BTW, my NYCS interchanges with the MMA in Bangor, ME.
Matt,
What club were you running at?

-Smoke

Oh..wow lot of new thing new designed for seeing

This wEeKeNd I go on duplicated telegram poles made of chemical resin.
You can see...I bought a new old blue car. It's former owner was pass away!
I respect him.

Back