Weekend Photo Fun 27-28-29 July

Card kits

Last week I went to the model shop to buy some card kits and came home with a class 20 sound chipped loco.

Well last photo fun I showed of the loco.... Here are the card kits

rowterrace5.jpg

S7001182.jpg

Also repainted the backscene

S7001180.jpg

And using photos of the new terrace housing and my printer I created some more 2D backscenes

S7001196.jpg

Last but not least I managed to get the class 20 a good run outside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeE0ZkSf9Fo

John
RJR

Brain damage??..........not!!!

Last week I went to the model shop to buy some card kits and came home with a class 20 sound chipped loco.
That is what happens when your getting older: brains won't work as they did for 10 years or so:D ...(Wished It started too with mine if the results were the same as yours when you went to the modelshop ha ha lol:p

Thats taking shape fast John, nice
those are the right words Steve! specialy the 2 last one pictures with the 2/3? D background are very great John!

have a nice weekend guys from the "Old Continent";) and of course on the other side(s) of the pond(s):)

Jos

A really neat idea with those cards John, I may end up trying the same thing on my layout.

I'm waiting to get some loco detail parts in the mail, if they came in today then even I'll have something to contribute to this thread! :D

Nice work with the backgrounds and card kits John. You've really got the hang of printing those backgrounds just right!

Here's a pic I took a few weeks ago of a CP train switching my Oak Yard module at Windsor Modular Railroad Club. The lead engine is a super-detailed Athearn SD40-2 and the trailer is a P2K SD45.

Nice work with the backgrounds and card kits John. You've really got the hang of printing those backgrounds just right!

Here's a pic I took a few weeks ago of a CP train switching my Oak Yard module at Windsor Modular Railroad Club. The lead engine is a super-detailed Athearn SD40-2 and the trailer is a P2K SD45.
I think you may need to call in OSHA on that container ship.

no MR'ing yet, big trains keeping me distracted today

1st, 6201 at Preston
P7280026.jpg

2nd, 48151 at Carnforth
P7280030.jpg

and 3rd, 60009 passing Carnforth
P7280038.jpg

Weekend again?! Time sure moves along during the summer.

NYC S1b 6001 arrives late in the day at Seneca Falls towing a reefer and three heavyweights and a vista dome.

IMG_0799cr.JPG

Surprise, surprise - even I have something to offer this weekend!

Fred - great-looking lights on the SD40-2! Did you put two LEDs directly into the lens holes for the headlight? I just did my first "nose job" on a CSX SD38-2 (pictured below) and all I did was add some wire to the existing LED and move it forward, inside the nose compartment. But the bottom lens always glows brighter than the top one - even tho the LED is precisely behind both lenses...:confused:

MLW - always enjoy seeing your Montreal skyline, it's almost like taking a weekly Sunday drive.

Steve - looks like you and the gang had a fun Saturday. Wish there were some live steamers in MY backyard...

Crandell - love the lighting in your shot, looks just like high noon sunlight (oh yeah - nice looking trains too!)

Here's my contribution, a "before" and "after" shot of a Kato unit I just painted into my namesake road's colors. Toughest Part was relocating the headlight.

That was then:

SD38-2_2454_B4_image_in_CNW.jpg

This is NOW:

SD38-2_2454_front_left.jpg

I'll be doing a separate thread on this loco with photos at other angles.

Ken, some day....some day...I hope to tackle a full-fledged paint job, and if it turns out anywhere close to yours, I will happily call it a success.

Very nice.

Sure is Ray, I wish they'd venture more into the market. Thats some SUPER value for the price I paid. Here's the current & future line of BlueLine:
ALCO FA/B, HO
ALCO RSD-15, HO
AT&SF 4-8-4, HO
C&O T-1, HO
EMD F7, HO
EMD SD40-2, HO
EMD SD7, HO
EMD SD9, HO
GE AC6000, HO
GE C30-7, HO
N&W Class A, HO
PRR J1, HO
PRR M1a/b, HO
PRR T1 Duplex, HO
SP Cab-Forward AC4/5, HO
UP Big Boy Diecast, HO

Thats great Ken, nice job.
Josh they sound fantastic don't they.

Ken L Nice repaint Ken, your getting good at this painting.

Ken, congrats on getting it working. Looks like you are ready to go with it.
Can't find the photos of the gate you made for the other layout. Would you please email them to me? I need to get a look-see at the details and see if I can come up with one for my new room. Thanks in advance.

Back