Weekend photo fun 24/25/26

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
Time for another wekend photo fun thread. I'll kick it off with a pic of my GWWR GP38-2.

test2.jpg

This is a KATO SD45,Factory painted, Customer assembled, and then Custom Weathered. The customer ordered heavy weathering so that's what he got.

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Things went bad on Mill Street when a UFO landed in front of the yet to be opened cigar store!!!
Word has it that an unidentified pedestrian was abducted and dropped off in the town of Barewood on the other side of the layout after being probed....

In the little time I had to work on the layout, I did manage to finish the retaining wall in front of the park.

RetainingWall01w.png

I also added the sign and more scenery to Millers's Bed and Breakfast. I think that is one of the girls out there cleaning off the sidewalk so mom can take a break and catch up on her reading.

MillersBedBreakfast08w.png

Another view of the place. Dang! Those pesky raccoons are into the garbage cans again!

MillersBedBreakfast09w.png

It's Been awhile since I been on these forums, I have been busy over the summer. Sometime I couldn't bare to stay inside and work on layout when I can be outside :p. Although this is a older photo just thought I would share it. BTW Nice photos everyone :)
IMG_0285.jpg

Update005.jpg

Hoping to get cork all laid and start ballasting before November. Still Have some final pieces of track to purchase.

I was trying to decide which loco was my favorite for the photo contest, as if I have a favorite! I like them all! Anyway I was trying some different angles on my freemo module and came up with this.

128-070825-019.jpg

RailPower shells on Athearn drives stretched to match the correct wheelbase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff you should win an award for most active Weekend Photo Fun participant. Your pictures are always fun to look at and they seem to be never ending. :)

That's a great picture very realistic. The sky looks so realistic I would say the picture was taken outside. Nice Job :)

Thanks, It was taken outside and I used a little PhotoShop house filter on the sky above the B Unit.

Jeffery
Great looking unit to start things off

Smoke
Great weathering!

Old 97
Cool scene!

Jeffery
Nice high-ball!

Ray
Great job on the wall and the house scen is coming along nice also!

Conrail92
Nice NS unit!

Jeffery
Nice Conrail!

MilesWestern
Cool scene!

Jeffery
More great looking units!

Paul
Awesome shot!

Jeffery
Great scene!

Here are some of the tank cars I recently weathered:

TankCars_001a.jpg

IHC Lehigh & New England 0-8-0 Switcher (Renumbered)

TankCars_002a.jpg

Athearn RTR 3-Dome Tank Car – Barretts

TankCars_003a.jpg

Athearn RTR Single Dome Tank Car – C. F. Simonin’s

TankCars_004a.jpg

Athearn RTR 3-Dome Tank Car – Wolf’s Head Oil

TankCars_005a.jpg

A friend’s caboose – Hudson Electric

Back