Weekend Photo Fun, 23-25 Mar, 07

MLW

Good day everyone, I know I'm starting this thread a bit early :eek:
I might be quite busy this weekend, so "just-in-case".....:eek: sorry 'bout that!

Please feel free to post your progress pics, rolling stock pics, prototype pics,
structure pics, anything at all RR related. We have some mighty fine people here,
and I am always looking with anticipation to the "Weekend Photo Fun":)

Progress is slow on the higher level of "La Chine" Yard, but here's a
few pics anyways. No detailed added and the ballast is not complete yet.

Without further ado...

Freight on the main...

2007323115846_22.JPG

2007323115755_11.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, your not to early posting it MLW my weekend starts at noon Friday. Nice rock outcroppings

Nice start to the weekend! I'll be sure to get some online tonight, I have allot more new stuff.

MLW. Awsum pics...I like your Backdrop..nice job on the Rock Outcroppings too..the ballast looks pretty good for not being complete..

Life on the Farm is pretty quite....Thank goodness this happens several times a day! :D

Happenings on the DT&I

DT&I GP38 #201 was involved in a collision a while back and has been in the shops for about a week now...Today she rolled out with a new front end and new anti-climber...

CIMG1960.jpg

DT&I GP35 #353 also made a brief trip to the shops today to receive her MU capabilities:

CIMG1963.jpg

The DT&I also placed an order today for 100 new Bethgon coal hoppers. These cars are to be delivered in the scheme pictured here:

dtihopper-1.jpg

Gotta have fun with your fictional world! Hope you enjoyed...:cool:

Some diesel and electric hauled tours coming through today, we saw two of them this morning, one more this afternoon
The first was 25Kva 86101 on it's first ever run in preservation, this is a stunning looking loco in 1980's British rail blue seen here hauling a set of Virgin trains Mk2 stock
P3240023.jpg

The second was the Blue Pullman set hauled by two class 47's belonging to Cotswold rail, somebody put the sun in the wrong place for this shot
P3240031.jpg

and in total contrast is this local sprinter train, they are two car sets, with two axles per car and bounc all over the track, they make you sea sick
P3240029.jpg

And bringing us right up to date is this Virgin Pendolino topping 100mph
P3240028.jpg

r6287-2697.jpg

Just won three of these £20 Hornby ballast wagons on Ebay,,, for £8 each,,,,, thanks to the sunny day everybody is outside and nobody is bidding,,, YEAH

Shaun31us,

Man, if those DT&I Bethgons would have been real, they'd be AWESOME!!!!

I would have loved to seen a unit train of those!!!

Rock Keep an eye out here you may just see them for real with a bit of luck, Some of the modern car's would look awesom in the old fallen flags paint scheme's

delays at Johns Quay

Public service announcement. Due to unscheduled maintainance delays have been experienced at the Quay today.

The mid afternnon passanger train passing through was held up for 2 hours due to track repairs...

delays5.jpg

delays3.jpg

delays1.jpg

delays2.jpg

Normal servicers have now been resumed.

Back