Weekend Photo Fun, 23-25 Mar, 07

MLW - I always enjoy seeing your "downtown" rail cityscapes. Q-who made the orange Z-28 in the highway photos?

Chessie - I remember chasing lots of those B&O Enchantment Blue geeps during their final years, when I was a teenager.

Shawn - I have some IronBelt bethgons that look similar to your 'what-if' DT&I drawing, except the orange isn't quite as deep. Nice Job on the GP35!

Steve - looks like you been mighty busy chasing those prototypes! Smart move, playing the "weather card" to win those ballast gondolas!

JohnT - Your stuff looks great as always.

Josh - Looks like you've got enough to keep you out of trouble for the next few days!

Rene - Excellent head-on shot of your "namesake" locos! I saw a number of those at Tehacheppi in the mid-seventies, when I was stationed in CA during my navy enlistment.

I was doing the preliminary read of my digitraxx manuals, but when I stumbled on the WPF thread earlier I couldn't resist the temptation to join the game. I've had this bag full of unused Polyfil sitting under my layout and I wanted to see how it would look on top of my coke quench tower. A load of 2000-degreesF coke produces huge amounts of steam when it gets quenched, hopefully this creates that impression:

quenching_02a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
MLW
Nice looking train!

Grande Man
Neat cartoon!

Chessie4155
Nice shots!

Shaun
Great looking loco!

Bob
Cool scene!

Steve B
Cool proto shots!

Johntealon30
Neat set of scene shots!

Josh
Nice looking stuff!

Rene
Nice photo!

Ken L
Great scene and “steam”!

grande man, cool pic. I like that "cartoon"

shaun31us, sweeet stuff! Any more pics to share?

Steve B, I really enjoy those European proto pics. What else can you tell us about the Pebdolino? Looks modern, and pendualr too? You made a good deal on e-bay, excellent!

johntealon30, Cooool! I like it! I like the SUV (Range rover?) Nice mud on it.

CSX_road_slug WOW! That's quite the industry. Awesome!

(Sorry if I missed some of you guys in the original post -- I was in a hurry-- I apologise--)

SP_SD9, Awesome pics. How did you do the rock-cut? I'm interested to know (Sorry if I missed you in the original post -- was in a hurry)

jbaakko, Nice loco fleet. How many do you now have?

chessie4155, Now that's real life!!! Great pics. Would like to see more of your layout, if you could?

Railphotog, Great pics as usual. Would like to know some of your "tricks" one of these days. Great modelling too!

CSX_road_slug MLW - I always enjoy seeing your "downtown" rail cityscapes. Q-who made the orange Z-28 in the highway photos?

Thanks CSX_road_slug, That's a good question. I got it in the "deal bin" at my LHS. I think the make is "High Speed". Sorry for the blurry pics.

Cool looking car, MLW!

It looks like it might be one that is made by Malibu (aka Model Power). I have a blue one that I got at Wal-Mart. I am looking for a good picture of it.

Found it:
cementspot_012a.jpg

Here the next set of cars I will be working on.

First is an MDC/Roundhouse Old Time Tank Car. This car was given to me by a friend. It needs new couplers, the brake chain trimmed and attached, and weathered.
Projects_2007_03_a_004a.jpg

This is an MDC/Roundhouse 50’ express reefer that when I got it was assembled. I need to change couplers, glue the roof, add some weight, and weather it.
Projects_2007_03_a_005a.jpg

The next two are Roundhouse RTR Milk cars. These cars are incredible. The detailing is great and the lettering superb! I will be weathering them.
Projects_2007_03_a_006a.jpg

Projects_2007_03_a_007a.jpg

Lastly here is Atlas Wood Reefer. Again great detailing and excellent lettering. This car will be weathered.
Projects_2007_03_a_008a.jpg

Here's UP #6301, Cab patched, I have yet to do the ends, I have to repaint them to get the fade right.

Had a day in the lake district today at the Lakeside & haverthwaite railway "Thomas day", the wife was working so we went north
P3250040.jpg

and after that we went to the beach
P3250065.jpg

Nice roll-by Tom pm

Josh, did you use a decal for the yellow background?
Yeah, straight out of Microscale MC-4328, Union Pacific "Patch" Renumbered Diesels, ex-CNW, DRGW, SP, SSW (2000+). Came out well, though it was an un-numbered locomotive.

A real-life "Thomas the tank engine" Neat. Thx for sharing Steve B

Thanks for the info Josh

Great pics everyone!!!

We went camping last night near the NS main that runs thru our hunting lease. Never camp near a busy NS main if you want to get any sleep... ;) Those boys rans some trains in the wee hours. Talk about traffic density, there were several times that trains were 15-20 minutes apart. :cool:

Here's a couple of pics I took this morning.

DSC06056_edited_Medium_.JPG

DSC06055_edited_Medium_.JPG

Back