Weekend Photo Fun 2-17-06

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Hi all. Since we haven't taken any new pics lately, I thought I'd kick off the weekend with a few oldies... :rolleyes: Ya'll have a good one! Let's see those pics. :cool:

Santa Fe F3
105898489.jpg

F units roll thru town.
126491548.jpg

GP35 on hold at the mine.
107332035.jpg

Hey, Hey, Hey! My first chance to do Weekend Photo fun on this side of the street. The first is some recent scenery and backdrop I have been working on. It is the old homestead of Zaduck Arthur purchased in the late 1700's from the pulteney land purchase that was part of the Phelps and Gorham purchase. The family lived there for 3 generations until a fire destroyed the old log cabin. They rebuilt on another part of the farm. All that is left is part of the foundation and some of the chimney. The others are some new ones of the roundhouse on The Seneca Lake, Ontario, and Western.

Hi crew,

Ray I like that painted-on backdrop scenery in the Zad Arthur homestead image, I'll be doing something similar to that on my own pike within the next few weeks. So how do you like the image-handling capabilities of this site compared to the place across the street - pretty nifty huh?

Eric, I was hoping to submit a photo tomorrow for the February contest, but now I'm under pressure to get my taxes done [long story] - so not much MRR photography for me this weekend. [I've still got another 10 days though, right?]

I, too, will submit some 'leftovers' for this thread - but you might want to skip it if you visited my Iron Belt thread within the past few days, this is a page from that: http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21624&postcount=96

Last edited by a moderator:
CSX_road_slug said:
Hi crew,

Ray So how do you like the image-handling capabilities of this site compared to the place across the street - pretty nifty huh?

Absolutely! ;) :D

Since I had my scene for the industrial switching monthly contest still set up, I took a bunch of other photos too. Might as well make the best of it!

This scene is through the window of the Emerald Cafe, which overlooks the switching scene. Rolling stock has changed to my kitbashed center cab diesel made from Athearn SW-7's and one of my Fundy Northern boxcars. Same crew on duty though!

Nice Bob,

2 things, the window looking out idea is very original/creative, I like it.

What happened to that engine? Looks like they dropped the cab from up high and that was the effect after landing :D

Is their a prototype for that?

dthurman said:
Nice Bob,

2 things, the window looking out idea is very original/creative, I like it.

What happened to that engine? Looks like they dropped the cab from up high and that was the effect after landing :D

Is their a prototype for that?

Nope, just a made up center cab switcher. It was great being able to do stuff like this when there were plenty of used Athearn blue box models for sale at local shows for a few bucks. I doubt if such kitbashes will be possible in the future if all that are available are the expensive RTR models.

I've used the through the window thingie several times in the past, I keep the window prop around for sometime uses. See how it's done in the attached photo. The only difference is I would have a piece of cardboard over the distance between the window and the camera so it would be dark on the "inside" of the cafe!

Whoopeeee! I finally get to play WPF again!!!

Our local Garden Railroad (G-scale) club met today for a swap meet, and I bagged some goodies, including some larger diameter curved track that I hope will relieve my nagging derailment problem, and a really neat bridge that will one day take the F&CGR across to Phase 2. (I'll show you the bridge after we dig out something for it to cross over.)

Here's the rest of our day's catch. (The tractor is smaller than it looks in this picture.)

View attachment 2901

The big prize was the delightful wooden caboose.

View attachment 2902

Here's a shot of the meticulously detailed interior.

View attachment 2903

And here's the photographer I caught taking a picture of me taking a picture of him. (I'll bet you thought that was Elvis when you first saw him, didn't you?) :D

View attachment 2904

OOOPS.... Sorry, MLW, I didn't mean to interrupt your post. You're cheating, aren't you? Those aren't really models are they? ;) AMAZING!!!

Thanks Lady Railfan. I must say I'm in good company, you and all the fine folks we got here. Thanks for sharing your work

Here's a CN Passenger train arriving in town

Really nice work everybody.

Am I too late? Not really any fun!! I've just vacuumed out my train room after cutting holes in the ceiling for 100w downlights, man plaster is messy stuff. And I haven't even started any plaster scenery yet!!

Main room
afh.sized.jpg

Workshop.
afi.sized.jpg

The lights are for general use, I plan to put lights behind a ceiling valance for layout lighting.

Ken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great shots everyone. Hopefully, I will reach a point to get back to posting photos soon. I am kind of like NZKen by having to doing some grunt work on the layout right now and have everything in a mess.
Claudia: The caboose interior is really nice. It looks just like the caboose I got to ride in as a kid.

NZKen: Don't forget to paint your walls blue before you start building your benchwork;) :D

RexHea said:
Great shots everyone. Hopefully, I will reach a point to get back to posting photos soon. I am kind of like NZKen by having to doing some grunt work on the layout right now and have everything in a mess.
Claudia: The caboose interior is really nice. It looks just like the caboose I got to ride in as a kid.

NZKen: Don't forget to paint your walls blue before you start building your benchwork;) :D

Ditto that. I just got the upper level working and sat for about 20 minutes just watching my 2-6-0 run laps around an 18" R oval. I hope to ge a pic for the photo contest.

Back