Weekend Photo Fun 1_27_06

RexHea

RAIL BENDER
I didn't see the WPF started anywhere so here we go. I finally finished enough of my Sawmill Ridge to post some photos. There are many more things to add, but they will be done in good time.

Overall View of Mill

afp.sized.jpg

View showing log pond and construction work still going on.

afq.sized.jpg

Logs being fed to debarker and into mill.

afr.sized.jpg

Sorting table and view inside. Sorry for the focus.

afs.sized.jpg

2-8-0 coming to work with a load of logs and supplies.
aft.sized.jpg

2-8-0 taking log car over to the pond.
afu.sized.jpg

Spotting Box cars loaded with new equipment parts.
afv.sized.jpg

WOW Rex - those vehicles (esp. the Mack 'B' dump trucks) are the frosting on the cake of an already great looking scene!:cool:

Rex that is fantastic modeling, I'm very impressed, excellent work, thanks for sharing with us.
13.gif
Willis

Thank you guys so very much! Wow! Your compliments make my poor ole back feel a lot better:) Reaching and leaning over this scene played the devil with my back. Much better now!:D

In case anyone is curious, the steam from the boiler house is made from polyester pillow stuffing. I know it is a waste of good steam, but I had them blow down the boilers in the stacks for the photo:)

Locomotive "Antelope" and brakeman Mr. Bean stopped on the Wagon Road Creek trestle for a photo.

portal.jpg

Harold

Truly inspiring Gents. I am really impressed as to the detail, everything is right in place! Just incredible!

Harold anychance of running a clinic on your rock technique?

Thanks for sharing

Fergie

Morning Rex. The photos of the sawmill complex are AWESOME. That whole scene is really great man. Rex,all these great photos of your layout,are giving me ideas for mine.That is if and when I ever get one started.:p Keep posting more sir,I really enjoy them.Simply Maverelous.:) William.

Morning Harold. You got some nice photos of your layout there boss.I alsolike the track plan.I have only one question,did you build your railroad in a spare bedroom,or in a spare room?William.:)

I need to get some photo's taken!

Rex, your layout is top notch!

ATSFCLIFF, I think you said yours is N scale, nice shots, I am striving for detail like yours!

Harold, what can be said? Your layout is always great, even better because you take the time to actually create a section on your site about that scene and how you did it. Good man, I will hold my tongue on the publishing mistake ;)

Here are some shots of the UP3021 East getting ready to leave West Presence Yard.

L&N Castle said:
Morning Harold. You got some nice photos of your layout there boss.I alsolike the track plan.I have only one question,did you build your railroad in a spare bedroom,or in a spare room?William.:)

Actually it is in the basement, the 4x8 is a testbed for ideas. It will be incorporated into a larger layout

Harold

Great work guys, Rex is there a runaround track at sawmill ridge, how did the logs and box cars get in front for spotting:confused: or am I not surposed to ask!?:D :eek:

Ken.

Back