WEEKEND PHOTO FUN 19 - 20 - 21 Sept

Update on the Preservation Society and their new setup.

Gates have been added to isolate the Heritage sidings from the main line. More weathering on the track.....

John
RJR

Very Very nice John, The progress shots are much appreciated. I really like the gate, a nice often overlooked, detail.

Great shots to everyone again this week.

Johnny

Jeffrey, do have a pile of engine parts laying around that you make up these Frenkensteins from or what? You come up with the strangest engines.
I do the same as some shortlines do. I make what I need from what I have on hand.

P1010013.jpg

Great stuff again this weekend everyone!! This thread always makes it so easy to see what the updates are.

I'm getting close to having enough of the train done to provide a runby. The latest addition is the completion of the modified 85' flats. Here are all three with their loads.

3_AFT_30_9_11.png

3_AFT_31_9_11.png

4_AFT_32_9_11.png

Have a great week....

Johnny

I will never get bored repeating this, Spectacular photos everyone!!!

Hi friends, afther a looong time just looking, I'm here.
Since I have a new job, I didnt have enough time to do all my things, but now I'm on the beat that my job needs, so finally I'll work on my trains.

And If I'm lucky, soon I'll be working -playing- with 1:1 trains!!!
I work for a mining company, in the draft and survey area. So, I'm the person in charge of collect and process information for A NEW RAILROAD!!!
Afther 15 years without trains in town, we will make it run to ship iron ore to the port located 45 miles away.
I'm a lucky guy..hehehe

well my friends, keep working this way, over the top!

Regards and happy Chilean Independence days!!! 18-19-20-21 sept.

LUCKY, LUCKY!!!! :D Good to hear from you, Mike, and may it be a highlight of your life. I hope you would consider posting images now and then so that we can learn how a railroad is planted.

-Crandell

Mike, if it's cool with your company, posting up the details would be outstanding. Naturally we could help you with the name, colors, layout design.... LOL

More try!

Because of politic turbulance, Thai people get free mass transits for 6 months til February 2009.
At home I keep produce more car, still there's no roof and no door as usual...
I need one dozen cars.

Mike, good to hear from you, take some photos of those new trains!

P_POP! Good to see you! Looking good on those boxcars!

Working on another switcher, with a twist. This has DCC, working headlights and beacons. Right now it's getting a little weathering added to tone it down some.

100_2934.jpg

Wow, awsome work as usual guys! The bar has once again been raised.

I haven't had time to do anything in the layout room, but did manage to get some run time on John Longhurst's Manitoba & Minnesota Sub. (Thanx again John!)

Morgan Turney (Cdn. Railway Mod. Magazine) came over with his Rocky Mountaineer and joined it with mine. Here it is about to leave the CP yard:

Jason Shron (Rapido Trains) was over and brought a turbo train! Truly awsome sound and looked fantastic running thru John's scenery.
Here's a shot of it running thru Fort Francis:

Here's one of my favorite scenes on the M&M sub, John did an excellent job with the background and scenery:

Last edited by a moderator:
wow Jerome. That is amazing.

I like that better then the SW1xxx you do.

I need to find an excuse to have a switcher on my layout, I prefer them over the bigger engines.

Jerome, great looking 44 tonner and I love the headlight mounted number boards. Really sets the era, and it does look like it's seen some miles after your weathering job.

Rico, the Turbo Train looks nice on that layout. I wondered how good the model sound was. I've only seen one in person and it was LOUD!

Jeffrey, nice job on the grafitti.

P_Pop, I really love Thailand, having been there several times, but there always seems to some kind of political turmoil going on. :( I'm glad to see you are still working at building up your freight cars.

Mike, that's great news about you being able to help build a real railroad. Will it run through the Atacama Desert? We want lots of pictures. :)

Johnny, looks like your AFT is getting closer to being able to go on tour. Are planning in displaying it at trains shows?

Jerome....you know (without me telling) that I like that switcher better before the weathering...

Give me a few days, and I'll make my Cargill switchers. (You would really be surprised to see what I have laying around here...:D )

Phil

Back