Weekend Photo Fun, 16-18 Mar, 07

Selector

Hi, everyone. Permit me, please, to start our weekend fun this time. I hope we have lots of contributions...many of us are well along in our layout development by this time of year.

ada.jpg

Whoa! Man, that's a georgeous scene. :cool:

We've aquired some new power recently. The CB&Q F3 is a Stewart that's part of an A/B set. I installed a Soundtraxx board last weekend. Once they are detailed and weathered we'll run them as an ABA set with our P1K CB&Q F3. The Geep 30's don't have electronics yet. I'm trying to decide if one of them is going to get sound or not (it's addictive :rolleyes: ).

I guess wpf would be a good place to post a contest pic. :) This one is a high res shot from a distance that's been cropped in an effort to get some decent field of view. Man, I want that new Digital Rebel Xti...;)

TLC.jpg

OH MY Athearn announced GP40X's with HTB trucks!
http://www.athearn.com/Newsletter/031307/GP40X_031307.jpg

Maxi 1:
http://www.athearn.com/Newsletter/031307/Maxi_I_a_031307.jpg
http://www.athearn.com/Newsletter/031307/Maxi_I_b_031307.jpg

26' Tight bottom ore cars:
http://www.athearn.com/Newsletter/031307/26_titebottom_031307.jpg

The most significant, WEATHERED Genesis cars!
http://www.athearn.com/Newsletter/031307/GEN_Weathered_031307.jpg

Thats only a selection of what Athearn announced, the stuff I found exciting, there's some more F7's and containers & chassis too.

Just to let ya'll know, I'm getting a GP40x!

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the shots everyone, very well done and a credit to you

to start off today we went out to watch a nother steam loco pass through going to collect it's 13 coach train, this is 6201 Princess elizabeth speeding through Coppull
P3170032.jpg

and some of the Bachmann trucks i got over the last week or so

46 ton coal hopper
P3170033.jpg

46 ton covered hopper
P3170034.jpg

a bogie bolster truck with rail load
P3170035.jpg

and another type of coal truck
P3170036.jpg

and the class 25 hauling them
P3170037.jpg

Great Looking Photos Guys!! I have forgot to take the cam along to the club last two weeks..I have more of the waterfalls/lake and the Horseshoe Curve done and was mad I forgot the cam..I did win a GP-9 PRR Proto 2000 on eBay!!!!.Oh well, Hopefully more shots next week!

Last edited by a moderator:
Grande Man,
That is a very nice scene. Especially the tool box in the pit. And if you tell me that's a working trouble light down there, I'll just fall off the chair.
Tom

Great pics guys. Thanks for sharing

Selector, nice scene indeed! Do you have more pics to share? Very nicely done

grande man, I always enjoy your layout pic. Talk about detail:eek: Holly molly! Great to see the newest addition to your fleet

jbaakko, great circus car. Like your loco fleet too

Steve B, How many times do they run the old steamer? Great pic. I really enjoy your layout and rolling stock. The European look is great. Have you weather the coal hopper? it looks great. I also like the class 25 loco too. Who makes it in the real world?

Thx :) guys

MLW the hopper was pre weathered, all the models in the pic are Bachmann branchline, and are very well detailed models, they are some of the best detailed stuff available in the UK. The class 25 was made in the UK by British railways around the late 50's to early 60's and were powered by a Sulzer diesel, they were scrapped off in the late 1980's to early 1990's

MLW, thanks for you kind words. I have been finding ways to photograph the layout in order to make it look more expansive ( as opposed to expensive :p ) than it really is. Here is a shot taken from the extreme right of the first photo, along a span that crosses my operating pit diagonally.

adb.jpg

MLW the hopper was pre weathered, all the models in the pic are Bachmann branchline, and are very well detailed models, they are some of the best detailed stuff available in the UK. The class 25 was made in the UK by British railways around the late 50's to early 60's and were powered by a Sulzer diesel, they were scrapped off in the late 1980's to early 1990's

Pre-weather? Wow! That's great. What's a Sulzer Diesel? Thanks again for the info. Your trains looks great

MLW, thanks for you kind words. I have been finding ways to photograph the layout in order to make it look more expansive ( as opposed to expensive ) than it really is. Here is a shot taken from the extreme right of the first photo, along a span that crosses my operating pit diagonally.
adb.jpg

Selector, that's fabulous!! The trains looks awesome, the bridge and water look real, and the weathering is well done, life-like. IS that real coal?

Thanks for sharing

MLW, thanks for you kind words. I have been finding ways to photograph the layout in order to make it look more expansive ( as opposed to expensive :p ) than it really is. Here is a shot taken from the extreme right of the first photo, along a span that crosses my operating pit diagonally.

adb.jpg

Excellent viewpoint of your layout.
When using a smaller aperture instead of F4 you can have more depth of field. When the locomotive is in full view you have a winner!

Regards,

René

Back