Weekend Photo Fun, 16-18 Mar, 07

Thanks, gentlemen. René, I understand what you are suggesting. Unfortunately, I had to hand-hold the camera in order to get the shot, so I was forced to keep the lightfall on the CCD higher than I would have liked to keep the exposure time to a minimum. Even then, I am certain you can tell.

I was able to do that with my old Pentax SLR, but I haven't gotten into the manual sufficiently to figure it out with this Canon Sureshot A710is.

I appreciate your encouragement, and will try to improve my capabilities with time. Actually reading the manual will be an important first step. (heh, heh!)

-Crandell

Heres My additions too weekend photo fun!

Some Pictures of My Santa Fe Sd75 Athearn that im refurbishing
Its still has yet to be numbered. Just finished railing couple days ago. HAd too rebuild some broken pieces of the shell. Its my one and only real foreign power.
Layout010.jpg

Layout005.jpg

Layout004.jpg

Layout007.jpg

Layout006.jpg

Hope You enjoyed.

I wasnt one who installed them, And im not putting mutch effort into perfection with this unit. As long as it runs and looks fine. I mainly just care about my ns units and some of my newer ones.

Ok, cool, I was just pointing it out. Its a fun thing to move, with the help of some saw blades, knifes, sandpaper & a Details West kit...

Selector
Neat shot!

Grande Man
Nice looking locos!
Great servicing scene!

Josh
Neat car and great looking Amtrak locos!

Steve B.
Cool pics!

Selector
Great shot across the bridge!

Conrail92
Great looking locos!

I have been doing some detail work around the cement distributor. I have added some LPP’s to start with.

Weekend_2007_1a_003a.jpg

Weekend_2007_1a_006a.jpg

Weekend_2007_1a_010a.jpg

Cool cement plant shots Tom.

Steve, That's a great video. It's good to see that folks thought ahead and preseved their steam heritage.

great video

Great vid Steve, Im guessing that wasn't a scheduled stop then !!! :D

(Steve, Sorry I didn't get to meet you at Heywood, Totally forgot I was at a wedding.)

No train pics this weekend, as mentioned above I was at wedding yesterday, my friends daughter asked me to be the photographer !!:eek: So a day taking pics and even more time editing them to get the composition better, They liked tham and thats all that matters

flowers.jpg

Next weekend should be good though I just had to use the wedding as an excuse to buy a better camera :) The macro function is pretty good !!

John

RJR

Sd-45

Nice Photos everyone and I mean everyone! Don't mind me not mentiong names just a bit to much Typing , Selector, Eric,Josh , Corail92,Steve , Tom and John Nice looking flowers did I mention I use to work at a flower shop for 16 years ? Well this is what I was working on A New York Central SD-45 Athearn Kit !;) Pardon the pictures my camera is not the best !

I have been doing some detail work around the cement distributor. I have added some LPP’s to start with.

Great work Tom. I been working with concrete for the last 23 years and I still have trouble getting the color right.

NYC_George

addicted to weekend photo fun

Can't help myself !! I just have to join in. As mentioned before I got a new camera and in between editing 170 wedding pictures, uploading them and burning cds for various relatives of he bride I took acouple of shots of the quay this afternoon. Here they are straight from the camera

S7000205.jpg

S7000204.jpg

S7000203.jpg

John
RJR

Back