Weekend photo fun 15, 16, 17th December

Steve B

Firefighter
show us your best pictures of the week, if you havn't taken any have a dig through your old one's for your favourite shot's

No pics yet but I've been decaling a Atlas GE DASH 8-40CW for Southern.

-dekruif

Indoor layout can stay

Hi,

Well I got retrospective planning permission from the DPA. The indoor layout is here till the spring :) It nice to look at the outdoor layout through the rain soaked window !! I've found a way to add some weeds and took a video, which having just viewed is pretty borring but gives more angles than a single picture.

view here

John

Sorry if your on dial up,,,
i have made great progress this week, from bare wood to this, it feel's GREAT to be able to run some trains after a year housebuilding

a general overview from both ends
PC150061.jpg

PC150057.jpg

PC150060.jpg

PC150052.jpg

i have included loads of trash lying around and hung up on things
PC150051.jpg

Grande Man these are the horizons background stickers
PC150049.jpg

PC150048.jpg

PC150046.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Steve, the YV2 is really taking shape :cool: - maybe I should see about getting a few weeks' medical leave! <LOL>

show us your best pictures of the week, if you havn't taken any have a dig through your old one's for your favourite shot's
OK, if you insist - here's a rerun from ~6 months ago:
IronBelt_236_at_EastMinister.jpg

Looking nice Steve, I see some snow is making an appearance too!

Ken, I've always loved that shot! Pics tomorrow...

ken, I love that shot! Did you hear that fedEx and UPS are going to merge? The new company will be called........... Are you ready?????

FedUPS.... Ta Da!

Steve, You have been busy! Glad you are feeling better.

I haven't had much time to do anything train related as it is concert season and I do sound...... I have gotten the fascia painted and installed in the new room:

FasciaLights01a.png

FasciaLights02a.png

FasciaLights03a.png

Still have to do some caulking to stop light leaks (you can see a couple in the photos). Purchased 18 more tortoises so you know what I will be doing over the Holidays.

Well, never mind the last post, I didn't like the way the fading work is going, the roof line turned out ok, but the sides are difficult so I'll be repainting the WHOLE unit. I'll start with the light patches, mask, then do the dark patches.

I have no pics but I know you guys have seen them (check the 1/87 forum)
I purchased more Norscot CATs today at Wally World they dropped their prices to from 5.95 to 4.94...nice I bought 5 new equip all different. Hoping to get dump truck and some of those soil compactors, forrest machines and scraper. I will keep looking!

Okay heres some acuall pics from work not model railroading but rail fanning I guess you could say will try to give a little description as we go along
Car with graffitti for you into painting graffitti on your cars
Trains013.png

diito from a distance
Trains012.png

Different flags on car one flag for ed and one for ferggie lol
Trains014.png

next to specs on side of car
Trains015.png

Trains016.png

next 4 from grainery across the road from us
Trains017.png

Trains018.png

Trains019.png

Trains020.png

next 3 stops and car derailer set and opened

Trains021.png

Trains022.png

Trains027.png

rest just more cars and a NS GP-38-b

Trains028.png

Trains029.png

Trains026.png

Trains030.png

Trains031.png

and last one of the towers we use to run the hoses to the cars
Trains024.png

Hummm, Stripping a unit is tough work, I need more thinner, the simple green doesn't work like I had heard.

Steve B ... Wow..thats bitchin!!

Ray, Nice lookin fascia, very professional Lookin

RT - Very cool Prototype Shots.

I work 2nd shift, so my daylight time to get god prototype shots.. is VERY limited. Least till summer anyhow I miss the long days!

DITO,,, Ray great fascia work and that sky,,,fantastic
RT i wish i could get pic's like that here, everythings fenced off

First run

First run trains are rolling won't be long now!!:) :) :) :cool:

Back