Weekend Photo Fun 12-12/12-15

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
p1010629.jpg

Jeffrey, looks like you're headed for a cornfield meet on that inner loop. :) Nice overhead shot.

Gramps, great shot. Your background gives the feeling real distance even though I know it's probably less than a foot or so. Thoe plate girder bridges have really nice rivet detail. What company made those?

Jeffrey, looks like you're headed for a cornfield meet on that inner loop. :) Nice overhead shot.
That's a dead end spur the geeps are parked on. The two SW's are handling the big hook in cleaning up a derailment, then they'll go to one of the two ends of the spur. Barney Secord takes good pix from his old biplane.

I got a couple of items in the mail today in a 'surprise' package. Got no idea who sent it as there was no return address.

P1010630.jpg

P1010637.jpg

If anybody is interested, the license plate on the Mini Cooper is '2WQ1332', California plate.

If anybody is interested, the license plate on the Mini Cooper is '2WQ1332', California plate.[/QUOTE]

That's funny, the license plate format on the Mini Cooper is that of a trailer license plate for California. If the "1" happened to be an "I" it could be valid.... Only thing wrong then would be that a non-commercial California plate starting with a "2" would typically be on an older vehicle. My guess is the Mini Cooper was stolen and the crooks "cold plated" it with a stolen trailer plate.

That's funny, DK, that's exactly what I was thinking when I read the same thing. Are you or were you a police officer in California? I'm retired out of Sonoma County. Only cops ever notice details about license plates. :)

That's funny, DK, that's exactly what I was thinking when I read the same thing. Are you or were you a police officer in California? I'm retired out of Sonoma County. Only cops ever notice details about license plates. :)

I guess there's rivet counters of all kinds. Actually a Deputy Sheriff / Detective assigned to a rural crimes task force in the San Joaquin Valley. I remember a previous post in which you mentioned something about a patrol car....

Gramps, your photos always amaze me! That view of a long, snaking train is the main reason I wanted to invest in a SLR camera so I could someday snag a shot like that. [BTW I was in that part of country yesterday - the PA turnpike, thru the Juniata River valley.]

Jeff, nice looking vehicles there - even though the MiniCooper has an illegal tag, LOL!

This is the first weekend I've had anything new worth photographing. It's an unfinished cement distributor's silos that I'm scratchbuilding from PVC pipe and miscellaneous pieces from my scrap bucket.

cement_silos_rough_draft.jpg

Still needs painted, and a host of other details!

Nice job with the silo Ken. Just FYI in the future you can get the ink off of the PVC with acetone or similar solvents.

Thanks, Ken: It looks like you've got a pretty amazing project going. I'm looking forward to the completed model. Good job, so far.

Nice set of prime movers there Jeff!

I plan to have a few kicking around the shops and on flat cars once I get around to building the shops...

A neat idea I have is one inside a locomotive, the loco throttles up, the motor turns, then the electronics cabinet smoke checks itself, and the unit shuts down. I'd have a speaker and smoke unit mounted under the table...

Jeffery
Cool aerial shot!

Grampystrains
Wow! Awesome shot! Great looking loco and cars!

Jeffery
Cool cars and neat globe shot!

Ken
Great job on the cement distributor!

Back