Weekend Photo Fun 12-03

SpaceMouse

Fun Lover
Here's my contribution for the week. A lumber shack I salvaged from somewhere. (And it's going on my layout for a change.) The interesting thing is not the shack itself, but that the camera was destroyed in a fall. I took it apart trying to fix it, and found it beyond repair. These photos where still on the memory stick, and the camera held together with dangling wires, held power long enough for me to upload these shots.

lumbershack01.gif

lumbershack02.gif

lumbershack03.gif

lumbershack04.gif

lumbershack05.gif

GREAT JOB!, :D SpaceMouse! i REALLY like the colors of shingles.:D the whole thing looks NICE.;) :D glad to hear its going on YOUR layout, its about time you put some of the good work you do on your own layout.:D I'm going to work on the layouts all day tomorrow, and try to take some pics tomorrow night so i can contribute something Sunday. great job Chip! -Dean

Very nice work, guys! Chip, I'm glad you got to keep one for your RR! :cool:

Here's a scene LGM set up. Not the police dog chasing the Dodge Charger. :D
120733969.gif

grande man said:
Very nice work, guys! Chip, I'm glad you got to keep one for your RR! :cool:

Here's a scene LGM set up. Not the police dog chasing the Dodge Charger. :D
120733969.gif

I've got that exact tower in line to get restored. Yours looks a lot better than mine. It's all black.

Four shots for now, paint faided, maybe just a HAIR to white, but I like the way it turned out, and, its not quite done yet, fuel tank needs faiding, dirt, and fuel stains, coupler cut bars, MU hoses, windows... The norm from me. More shots tomorrow after I do a bit more painting tonight, I have a white 45' semi trailer to show off, and an SD60M to work on.
View attachment 2267View attachment 2268View attachment 2269View attachment 2270
Anyways I think I need some rubbing alchol to help thin the artists oils better, for a better wash over the next thing I faid.

Btw, car modelers, check out the HoK paints at wal*mart (if your wal*mart carries them), some neat looking colors. California i know of at least, is switching, Buy Testors there while you can, cheap!

SpaceMouse said:
I've got that exact tower in line to get restored. Yours looks a lot better than mine. It's all black.

It's a $5 trainshow special I repainted. I didn't realize it was leaning until I shot it from that angle...:eek:

I expect yours will be looking good soon. :)

Josh, nice work!

jbaakko, don't worry about the white. The 'excess' you see will disappear once you put a coat of black over it, but it will still look faded. :) Trust me, I've done lots of these.

Thanks, my first time handpainting the bonnet, well first bonnet ever! Didn't turn so bad, 'cept its a bit darker then the rest of the yellow, I used Testors yellow enamel for a base coat (cause its thicker...).

Here we have BNSF 9277, the SD60M that was lucky and got H1:
View attachment 2271
And here's the 45' trailer, now all it needs is TIPZ decals and the roof/plate paint:
View attachment 2272

Looks great Josh! Man, someday when you get a RR built, it'll have some cool locos running around.

Here's what I've been working on this afternoon. It's my second semi scratched searchlight signal. I used heavier brass wire (.020") for the laddder/service platform on this one and used a different base without a relay cabinet. It's good to have a few signals up! So far, they're just wired to a stationary decoder thru an Atlas snap relay. When they are selected on the throttle, they all change to the correct aspect. I can't wait till we get some electronics to drive them automatically.

120766719.jpg

jbaakko said:
Four shots for now, paint faided, maybe just a HAIR to white, but I like the way it turned out, and, its not quite done yet, fuel tank needs faiding, dirt, and fuel stains, coupler cut bars, MU hoses, windows... The norm from me. More shots tomorrow after I do a bit more painting tonight, I have a white 45' semi trailer to show off, and an SD60M to work on.
View attachment 2267View attachment 2268View attachment 2269View attachment 2270
Anyways I think I need some rubbing alchol to help thin the artists oils better, for a better wash over the next thing I faid.

Btw, car modelers, check out the HoK paints at wal*mart (if your wal*mart carries them), some neat looking colors. California i know of at least, is switching, Buy Testors there while you can, cheap!
Wow, excellent job! Keep it up and keep us posted!:D

In my greetings to the board jbaakko asked for some photos of some of my GTW stuff so here goes my first photo post. Please let me know if I did anything wrong.

They are both from Overland and I didn't paint them. I am not that good with an airbrush nor do I know if I ever will be.

Steve

csxmu, your tunnel shot and team track look GREAT! grand man, tell LGM he did a great job on the scene he setup.:) looks like your signals turned out GREAT, good job! jbaakko, NICE job on the Santa Fe! i like the faded yellow.;):D U-3-b, NICE overland engines. well besides working on the layouts, here is how my project is coming. its a Cary shell of an H10/12-44 i have been working on it off and on for two weeks, finally put the armour yellow on yesterday. i put in a pic of the proto i am turning this into, it'll be a Milwaukee road H12-44 #718. GREAT shots all!;) :D keep em coming! -Dean

Dean,

I saw that first photo and though, "Wow! I have a GP-30 in the same paint scheme." Then you went and painted it.

SpaceMouse said:
Dean, I saw that first photo and though, "Wow! I have a GP-30 in the same paint scheme." Then you went and painted it.
sorry, i just like harbor mist grey and armour yellow, better then the color of metal.LOL!:D Chip, is your GP-30 painted, or is it a metal body? two more questions come to mind, if its painted, what road has/had an all silver GP-30?, and if its metal, who makes metal GP-30's? -Dean

Great work and photos fellows...I really enjoyed seeing them. Sorry I didn't post anything. I have spent the entire weekend making waves with my Tsunami:D.

Back