Weekend Photo Fun 11-21/11-24

Are there many places in the US that has that type of pedestrian bridge?, I,m used to seeing similar ones over here in England, but I thought that most US depots did,nt have them.
Ron
I've seen at least one that was very similar. I know it's in the US but I can't remember where.

Thanks for that Jeffrey, I have a similar bridge from my original 00 scale layout,(long since demolished), that I can use on my HO layout.
Ron

There were a lot of very similar pedestrian overpasses built to get citizens or employees over busy track, especially around yards. Similar overpasses were built across streets. Although the Heljan bridge has a European look, I can recall seeing very similar structures in Chicago and NYC.

P1010471.jpg

Nice pic, Jeffrey. Are those express car trucks under the Magnolia tank car? I've never seen trucks like that used on regular freight cars.

How's this for a multi-ethnic crowd, all enjoying TRAINS?

The big attraction was the grade crossing on the lower-level tracks. It has motion, flashing lights and sound, and it's right at the kids' eye level.

We do occasionally have to remind parents about our large collection of children's fingers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess everyone really does like trains, John. Good thing you've got that plexiglass barrier or I suspect your crossing signals would be destroyed in about 30 seconds. :)

Nice pic, Jeffrey. Are those express car trucks under the Magnolia tank car? I've never seen trucks like that used on regular freight cars.
You hit it on the nose. They're express car trucks. I have several oddball pieces of rolling stock on the layout. Keeps visitors on their toes.

Back