Weekend Photo fun 11/12/13 July

A new Store on a disused spur has appeared this week.

tree.jpg

tree2.jpg

Looks like the dock workers cycle to work.

tree1.jpg

This guy was making a lot of noise for a blutac seagul

tree4.jpg

Then I realised why, looks like his matehas just become dinner.

tree3.jpg

John
RJR

Great pictures, John. I really like that scene with the abandoned track and old warehouse. Is that one of your paper models?

You two fellas amaze me. John, really nice effect you manage to get each week. DJ, your weathered items, buildings, and cars and such really work well together.

Here is my image for the week. Best the horse doesn't look back...something might be gaining on it.

horse-on-track-v-2.png

-Crandell

Here are a few pictures of my try at n scale modeling. I am o scale but decided to try a small 2 x 4 n scale layout, well here it is, give me your critisism
SANY0652.png

SANY0659.png

SANY0646.png

SANY0650.png

SANY0651.png

Last edited by a moderator:
here is my attempt at n scale, i am an o scaler and i dedcided to try a 2x4 layout, well here it is so give me your critisism.
ATTACH]
ATTACH]
ATTACH]
ATTACH]
ATTACH]
ATTACH]

Finished up some more drawings...

f7set.png

sw1000setcopy.png

Also, since I work at Cass Scenic Railroad, I got to railfan and ride all of their recent Elkins trips. I have to work the next two days, but I'll be able to ride #6 from Cheat Bridge back to Cass.

DSC08981.jpg

DSC09039.jpg

DSC09068.jpg

DSC09070.jpg

DSC09071.jpg

DSC09112.jpg

DSC09120.jpg

DSC09143.jpg

DSC09171.jpg

DSC09183.jpg

DSC09191.jpg

DSC09255.jpg

DSC09258.jpg

Phil

My "poor mans" Dash 9-40C. I used a Spectrum C40-8 cab and sub base and an Athearn C44-9W. Not too bad, no rivet or door counting:D

July10-dash9s-2.jpg

July10-dash9s-1.jpg

July10-dash9s-4.jpg

july11-dash9-2.jpg

july11-dash9-1.jpg

Phil, that is one BLUE fire engine they've got there!

Dave, thats how I planned to do my D9-40C too, but is a tad more detail. I have one of 2 articles on it, just need to get the second article. There were two in a row in RMC if I remember correct. I was going to use the Bachmann cab as a base.

Back to work...

Yeh, it's been a bit.

Construction has begun on ShowTrains U.S.A. . This is an 18ft. X 4ft. HO scale diorama. It is loosely based on the original Ringling Bros. car shops located in Baraboo, Wisconsin. The shops are still there and that is where the Circus World Museum stores their collection of railroad cars. I will be adding non-exhisting tracks for purposes of displaying my collection.

Birds' eye view of area today...

ringlingcarshops2text.png

The AFT #1, ex-Reading, Poses in fresh paint...

aft3.png

Cars from the AFT are stored on ShowTrain U.S.A. property...

aft1.png

Proud AFT #4449 ready for duty...

aft2.png

This will be the paintshop and rip area for equipment. All ShowTrain Buildings, when complete, will be circus yellow...

diorama_2.png

Johnny

Dave, your kitbash looks fine to me. Pretty good for a "poor man's" job

Phil, nice shots of the Cass. As much as I like that Shay, the F-7/BL-2 combination is really an eye-catcher. I think there are a lot more Shays still operating than BL-2's. Paints schemes on the WCTR units look mighty classy too.

N1, looks like a great start on your N scale layout. If I may make a suggestion, invest in a small tripod. You can get ones that will sit right on top of the layout. Get your focus spot set and then use the delay setting so the camera is motionless when it snaps the picture. That will eliminate the blurriness in some of your photos.

Jeffrey, looks like another warm evening in Louisiana.

Joe, I always liked those little WS scenes too. I've a tree house scene sitting in the box still waiting to get built.

Crandell, look out! While the N&W has been busy with that stubborn horse, the CP has invaded Pennsy territory. :) Once those Canadian guys get a foothold, it's all over for your railroad.

Grampy, great shots usual. The weathering job on the Pennsy is fantastic. You've done a really good job of blending in your foreground scenes to the background also.

Phil, that is one BLUE fire engine they've got there!

Dave, thats how I planned to do my D9-40C too, but is a tad more detail. I have one of 2 articles on it, just need to get the second article. There were two in a row in RMC if I remember correct. I was going to use the Bachmann cab as a base.

Note that the Bachmann sub base is slightly wider than the Athearn shell, so there's about .010 to .015" hangover on either side.

Back