Weekend Photo Fun 11-04-05

Here's a few shots from earlier tonight.

North (upper)/South (lower) staging.
117766358.jpg

View down South yard.
117766356.jpg

Fully operational indication panel. This pic was taken during a trial ops session. Everything works!!!
117766352.jpg

grande man said:
Here's a few shots from earlier tonight.

Fully operational indication panel. This pic was taken during a trial ops session. Everything works!!!
117766352.jpg

How in the world do you get your hands on one of those?

great shots guys, that trestle is fantastic Rex,
here's a couple of quick one from yesterday
this is a steam fan trip to Blackpool that ran yesterday in the rain, the kids are eagerly awaiting it's arrival
117790670.gif

here she blows, in the pouring rain as is to be expected
117790744.gif

That's an adorable picture of the kids! There's always one who will push the "stand behind the yellow line" rule isn't there (or in this case, the paved platform)? :D

Not even a rainy day can spoil a sight like that!

Been working a lot on the club getting ready for a show. But I did do this team track ramp for my own layout

teamtrack01.gif

SpaceMouse said:
Grande Man,

I just looked at that panel. Way cool.

Thanks Chip. When you get ready for staging detection, give the mag reed switch system a look. The guinea pig (me) says it's a best buy. It's also alot of work!

The cool part is that the track numbers on the panel correspond to the route numbers programmed into the DCS100. If you want a train to go to/from track 7, you just go to switch mode, select 7 and push the "closed" button. It automatically aligns any turnout required to get the train onto or off the mainline! I LOVE DCC!!! Forgive me for the redundancy guys and gals, I just love it when a plan comes together!

Last edited by a moderator:
grande man said:
Hey Chip, is that ramp a kit? I want one. :)

I got it already built, but it is just 3 peices of gosh-awful painted plastic. But as you see it has potential. IT might be a kit of two because I got 2 in the lot.

I have a bunch of craftsman kits, but I'm beginning to wonder why. The plastic is coming out really well. And it's cheap if you buy other people's rejects.

Great looking ramp Chip, i like the missing panels on the side, it gives the impresion it's worked reel hard.
Just looking through my pictures and this is one of my favs of this year, the green engine is 4-6-2 71000 "DUKE OF GLOUCESTER" next to a 9F 2-10-0 on the East Lancs railway, this loco has just smashed a long standing record of the climb of Shap in Cumbria, they knocked a whopping 15 seconds off the record set years ago by 6233 "DUCHESS OF SUTHERLAND"
93317301.gif

First, a little history... I originally was going to add a tuntable and a
roundhouse to the layout. I needed a way to turn my locos and also
a place to park them when not in use. After some debate, I decided
to go with a wye and some short spur tracks. This killed both birds
so to speak. Anyway, I got the ballast and ground cover in place,
along with painting the "eroded" rock edges.

BEFORE:
IM001663.jpg

AFTER:
IM000330.jpg

I still have some more landscaping to do, but I'm happy to be making some
progress. Good luck, Dave

I noticed my pictures came out HUGE when I posted them. Is there
a way to shrink them or should I just post links? On other forums, the
pics usually end up smaller when posted and can be clicked for a larger view.
Dave

Looking good, Dave! About the pictures, if they're on your computer, click the Go Advanced button at the bottom of the Quick Reply window. Scroll down to Manage Attachments in the Additional Options window. From there, you can upload from your computer, and the images will appear in the thread as thumbnails. Another option is to resize the pics to 800 x 600 pixels or less before you post them.

Dave: Great idea using a "wye". I wish that I had done that to my main yard entrance. Although I have a turntable, if I had a wye to go with it I would be able to always leave the yard going forward regardless of main direction. A small, but still an operatonal problem.

Steve: Beautiful kids and one is in a hurry:) .The "Duke" is looking proud and with good reason. Great photo;) .

Grande man: Have you heard? Attaching magnets to the Locos using DCC will eventually erase the EEPROM program in the decoder:eek: ...just kidding!!:D :D :D

Claudia,
Thanks. The pics are actually on Photobucket.com
I try to shrink 'em down next time. I like this forum... I have
been lurking around for a month or so... it's, let's just say, more
quiet over here. Good luck, Dave

RexHea said:
Grande man: Have you heard? Attaching magnets to the Locos using DCC will eventually erase the EEPROM program in the decoder:eek: ...just kidding!!:D :D :D

Oooooh, that was cruel... :D

Wow this thread has really been hopping since I was last here early Saturday, great submissions everyone!:cool:

I didn't get any extra modeling done, but I found the missing CD with my track planning software on it so I could 'correct' my layout diagram to show how the track is actually laid. The dark green lines are view-blockers, the bright blue tracks are the new sidings I installed last week (I'll have to settle for using false-front buildings, once I actually make up my mind what small industries I want to locate there.)
layout_sm_20051105_bare_sidings.gif

I'd love to stay and chat, but it's 11:30pm and I have to rise at 5:00am...G'nite!

As my daughter said. I took a break from painting to do some painting. Another step closer to the basement layout. I may have some more pictures later.

basementempty01.gif

basementempty02.gif

Back