Weekend Photo Fun 10-22

CBCNSfan

Registered Member
Staff member
:confused: No one started the thread. :eek:
Well here is the almost finished GP9, Just some window materials and the headlight lenses 5967 was the last loco to have CB&CNS livery

13.gif
Willis

Willis--that paint job is really quite striking, I like the color scheme. Kind of late Western Pacificy looking, but not really. Nice and original. And though I'm not a real die-hard diesel fan, i've always thought GP-9's were a really cool locomotive.

Well, after a fairly non-productive summer, I've spent the week running trains. Here's several shots of an articulated double-header, a new Proto 2000 USRA 2-8-8-2 and an old (25 years old) Westside brass Rio Grande 4-6-6-4, that seem to really like each other as far as gearing goes. I photographed them pulling a 25-car merchandiser through Wagon Wheel Gap the other morning. They seemed to be having a pretty good time together, so I left them alone.

115909577.jpg

#3561, an ex-N&W 2-8-8-2
115909416.jpg

#3704, my big Rio Grande Challenger
115909696.jpg

heading east to the 2.2% climb to Yuba Pass.
Tom

Great pics guys!!!

Willis, thanks for taking up the slack and kicking off wpf. I've been working on the RR all day. The west staging yard is in but still has to have the turnout control wiring and occupancy detection installed. Unfortunately, I may not get time to work on it tomorrow. :(

Here's one of the weeks pics of our lone (for now) CB&Q Geep. We got the decoder working (installer brain fart) yesterday and it's running well.
115989706.jpg

Eric you always do so well with your characters. Where do you find such good ones. I never seem to get even close to what I want. Always having to modify them heavily.

Here's a building I've been working on.

refine16.gif

refine17.gif

refine18.gif

My project for the week has been working on the CC&C's first log flat, #1500. The car is built from an athearn 40' flat with much of the decking removed and Details West bunks added. Its got a coat of Boxcar Red (which I think is brown) and just needs a little touch up, some black paint on the fish belly to highlight the white lettering (also tobe added), grabirons, handbrake, and angle cocks installed. I've got kadee trucks ready but need to get some smaller screws. I tried to take a picture, but they didn't come out well. Note to self: get good camera :rolleyes:

TWhite said:
Willis--that paint job is really quite striking, I like the color scheme. Kind of late Western Pacificy looking, but not really. Nice and original. And though I'm not a real die-hard diesel fan, i've always thought GP-9's were a really cool locomotive.

Well, after a fairly non-productive summer, I've spent the week running trains. Here's several shots of an articulated double-header, a new Proto 2000 USRA 2-8-8-2 and an old (25 years old) Westside brass Rio Grande 4-6-6-4, that seem to really like each other as far as gearing goes. I photographed them pulling a 25-car merchandiser through Wagon Wheel Gap the other morning. They seemed to be having a pretty good time together, so I left them alone.

115909577.jpg

#3561, an ex-N&W 2-8-8-2
115909416.jpg

#3704, my big Rio Grande Challenger
115909696.jpg

heading east to the 2.2% climb to Yuba Pass.
Tom
Outstanding,what are the road names on those two buitifull(spelling) locos? :D :D :)
JIM

SpaceMouse said:
Eric you always do so well with your characters. Where do you find such good ones.

They're Woodland Scenics, for the most part. I'm still in shock at their prices. :eek: I guess you get what you pay for.

BTW, I really like the building. Something like that is a great project. Have fun! It'll be a great addition to you RR that you'll be proud of.

oleirish said:
Outstanding,what are the road names on those two buitifull(spelling) locos? :D :D :)
JIM

Jim: I model the Denver and Rio Grande Western circa 1940-50, only in California, not Colorado and Utah (fictional story about this, but it takes a while). The Rio Grande bought about 15 USRA type 2-8-8-2's from the Norfolk and Western during the War for helper service, mainly in Colorado, but they could occasionally be seen helping the big L-105 Baldwin built Rio Grande Challengers on Soldier Summit. The Proto 2-8-8-2's not that good a puller for the wheel arrangement, but the Westside 4-6-6-4 can pull almost anything I want to put behind it, and with the Westside reduction gearing, it works just perfectly with the Proto. No DCC here, just a stroke of luck.
Tom

Hey Willis - your CB&CNS color scheme sure looks like that of NB Southern's:
:D LOL Bob, I believe everywhere else I posted some of these pics I included a blurb about the color being off. But heck I had the paint long before Will L. told what he used on his so I decided I could live with it :D
BTW thanks for the work on that RS18 photo, if you have any use for it on MRF be my guest. Yes the grades are pretty heavy, one Athearn loco alone with a 10 car hopper drag will get kind of smelly at the top of that one :eek:

13.gif
Willis

Heres my new P2K GP20, this new updated production model is a stunner well worth the $169, it's seen here spotting a car next to my BLI NW2
115899695.gif

Now this is starting to boil me. Those are BN units and are a nice dark green. That is why I ordered BN green for my loco. Now I may be wrong but there is a lot of difference in the colors. Those BN units look sharp whereas the color of mine looks like something the Leprechauns rolled out for St Patrick's day. Ah! well that's the way it'll stay :D

13.gif
Willis

CBCNSfan said:
:confused: No one started the thread. :eek:
Well here is the almost finished GP9, Just some window materials and the headlight lenses 5967 was the last loco to have CB&CNS livery

13.gif
Willis
That don't look like CBNS to me...

No pictures this week.
Why? Too busy studying for midterms and re-assembling. I finished it at 1:07am, so don't be suprised why it doesn't look like the plan.

See this thread:
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13573#post13573

Here's one more pic for this weekend. ;)

Eastbound extra headed for the Joint Line. They're running behind at the CF&I mill in Pueblo and extra coal is needed to meet demand.
112806083.gif

Hi Roman It's the color, :D it'll do it every time, Ex B&O 5967, ex Mid Michigan 5967 I have no idea of who it was sold too.

abj.jpg

13.gif
Willis

"Some Assembly Required"

I finally got around to putting the park benches together. Had a great time lining up those itty-bitty slats --- they're 1/8" wide. (Yeah, I know. Quit whining. That's probably HUGE compared to some of the parts you guys work with.)

Now I need to repaint some people to sit on them. Can't have the same guy sitting in two places. ;)

Back