Weekend Photo Fun 10-22

CBCNSfan said:
Hi Roman It's the color, :D it'll do it every time, Ex B&O 5967, ex Mid Michigan 5967 I have no idea of who it was sold too.
13.gif
Willis
Hey Willis, I know who owned that geep before B&O did: C&O! The numbering series and the bell over the headlight are instant giveaways. :cool:

Well this is it, the first 'family' operating session on the new Iron Belt. Nothing much really, I still need to latex all the bare spots before I put all the rolling stock back on. But my 7yr-old has been begging me to run some 'people' trains for her, so I pulled out some leftover B&O stuff and put it on. I also have a small 2x6ft section that is 90% scenicked - a module leftover from a presentation I did last December for some home-schooling families. I placed all the structures on there as well (after all, a passenger train needs a passenger station right?).

Anyway here are the images:

1) Stephanie in the 'cab';
2) A view of the sleepy little town of East Minister;
3) Crossbucks start flashing as a train approaches;
4) An E8 in simplified 'pre-Amtrak' B&O colors glides into the station

What fun! Can you give me the address for that Exxon station? :D Those were the days, huh? Neat buildings, too. The station reminds me of one nearby that's being restored.

Hey Willis, I know who owned that geep before B&O did: C&O!
Yep! right on, the earliest photo I have of it is a B&O patch on a Chessie system, The Railtex loco history lumped it together as C&O/B&O 5967 One thing I omitted to do that the prototype did was paint only the sides and ends, looking down from above it was still Mid Michigan blue (money must have been running out) Below is a photo of a model by a craftsman ( Custom model Builder)

13.gif
Willis

Lady_Railfan said:
Those were the days, huh?
I printed those decals in November 2004, a lifetime as gas prices go. Those poor lil' oil investors are watching prices fall on their futures since Wilma didn't ravage the Gulf coast refineries, life is hard! :rolleyes:
The station reminds me of one nearby that's being restored.
LifeLike made that replica of a B&O station in Sykesville, Maryland - it's one of the many stations designed by Francis Baldwin (he also did the famous twin-towered Point Of Rocks station).

I wish I could join in but my home computers hard drive broke last week so i cant load pic's :(

but i did do some more work to my yard i added a small run around to put the caboose on the other end of a train .

and i also got my backshop engine shop bult (it still needs some details ) and i added the three leed tracks to the bays

Last edited by a moderator:

Back