Weekend Photo Fun 06-23-2006

Min radius test

I did some minimum radius testing the other night with the longest car type I plan to run, is there anything longer?! This is an Athrean Auto parts car on a 36” curve. Even at this radius it looks horrid from the out side, but not to bad from the inside of the curve. I’ll have to try and arrange my isle ways so the viewing angle is always from the inside of the curve.

Good to see the progress, Joe.

A few pics from Augusta, Ga...

MP15
159564782.gif

Same loco, earlier today.
159486562.gif

A few more pics from Augusta.

Power on tap at the Martin Marietta Quarry.
159872517.gif

GP 30 slug at the downtown yard.
159872506.gif

The 30 was in between two GP40-2s. #6008 was the rear unit. This place always has GOBS of power sitting around each time we're here. It's a great town to scope locos!
159872500.gif

Grande man, if I ever get out that way you gotta show me that yard!

Sorry no pics yet, maybe tomorrow, been sleeping all day after a 27+ hour "day" yesterday. Although my first SD40 rebuild is coming along, I need Q fans for the 2nd one & the SD60M.

jbaakko said:
Grande man, if I ever get out that way you gotta show me that yard!

Sorry no pics yet, maybe tomorrow, been sleeping all day after a 27+ hour "day" yesterday. Although my first SD40 rebuild is coming along, I need Q fans for the 2nd one & the SD60M.

Josh, check your PM...

Here's some pics of GM getting lost on the way to a train store.:D He doesn't have a clue that I know how to get there.:p You can tell by the look on his face that he is lost.:D

Little Grande Man said:
Here's some pics of GM getting lost on the way to a train store.:D He doesn't have a clue that I know how to get there.:p You can tell by the look on his face that he is lost.:D

Hahahaha.... a wisenhiemer...:D Anyone need a spare kid? :D

Darn rental car maps have every tenth street. :rolleyes:

I need to lock this computer from now on when I take a shower.;)

grande man said:
Hahahaha.... a wisenhiemer...:D Anyone need a spare kid? :D

Darn rental car maps have every tenth street. :rolleyes:

I need to lock this computer from now on when I take a shower.;)
Lol, nice PM, and a spare kid!? Lol, sure, he's a model RR'er so, I wouldn't have to force that on him, and he's past the whiny stages, and he knows directions that you don't, lol!!! Besides, with me he's have his "own" comp, lmao :p

Anyways, how do you get lost on the way to a hobby store, shouldn't you know where it is!?

Great pic's GM
LGM it can be tough being an adult at times, i'v got lost at times with my Semi rig auto transporter and it can be hell on earth when your running at 16ft tall and all around you are bridges between 13ft and 16ft 6", it get's you wondering "will it or won't it" fit through, i'll dig some pic's out later

Steve B said:
Great pic's GM
LGM it can be tough being an adult at times, i'v got lost at times with my Semi rig auto transporter and it can be hell on earth when your running at 16ft tall and all around you are bridges between 13ft and 16ft 6", it get's you wondering "will it or won't it" fit through, i'll dig some pic's out later

I can see it now Steve, you get caught under one of those bridges,the cop comes up and asks;"Are you stuck?":rolleyes:

Your reply,"Nope, I was delivering this bridge when I ran outta gas!":p

Heres a project that is just about complete..I still need to chose a road name..:confused:

Great photos everybody and thanks for sharing.:D

Heres a project that is just about complete..I still need to chose a road name

Hey Larry "Cedar Creek Railway" would look real nice on that GE hood.:D :D

Great photos again this week, everyone! I have been very busy with doing live sound this week (graduation week here), so not much has been done down on the layout. I did get some work done on the trestle bridges. I wanted to finish the Steel Girder bridges, but the LHS is out of some styrene parts that I need to complete them. Here the bridges are all being test fitted to the gorge they will cross.

NRBridgeTest03a.jpg

A close up of the Trestle Bridges.

NRBridgeTest04a.jpg

From afar...

NRBridgeTest05a.jpg

Ray, that is going to look fantastic. I don't envy you though;I still have memories of the hard work it took on my Blue Creek Gorge...but in the end, it's worth it!

Very nice Brakie. Let me know when you are ready to ship it to me so I can order my Southern decals:rolleyes: :D .

LOL, good one LGM. Sorry Grande Man but it was kind of funny :D:D Great pics everyone, everything is looking great. I would strongly suggest that you do lock the compuer, lol.
Chris

Here is what I got done this week:

Before:
View attachment 3508

After:
View attachment 3509

We got the carpeting out of the train room and Pergo put in.... now to get rid of the antique cathouse colored walls. (pardon the expression)

Peace.
Coyote

P.S. LGM good one on the old man, I can feel that same expression on my face many times! :)

Nice looking floor Coyote! Isn't it great to be actually starting work on your layout after all the planning?

Back