Weekend Photo Fun 06-23-2006

Hey Coyote that's quite a big room, ain't track plans deceiving!!

You'll have a fab layout in there.

Nice work guys.

Ken.

Here's the church, I've been working on. I started another thread, but I haven't poted here for 6 weeks wanting to get it done the way I wanted so I had to post one here.

church02.gif

GC, I can see the layout in there already.

Ray, Keep us posted on that bridge.

Brakie, you have got to decide on a name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheesh I didn't know it took so long to paint handrails... Still working on the SD40-2, maybe some pics next weekend, wait next weekend is the 4th... right?

No pix from me this weekend, all the ones I took are part of the Philly slide show and I need to wait until after July 6 to post any of them.

GM - great shots of that CSX engine terminal, I especially like the one of the MP15 at night!

joem5127 said:
... I’ll have to try and arrange my isle ways so the viewing angle is always from the inside of the curve.
Joe, the obvious way to achieve that is by building an around-the-walls layout.:D I run Walthers autoracks [scale 89ft] on mine, not too much longer. The real question is, how much of an overhang is there between the truck and the end of the car? I've had that same type of problem with some 60ft boxcars.

Ray - Can't wait to see your stream and gorge when it's all finished!

Coyote - Train room's lookin' good [in spite of the fuschia walls] - imagine what it'll look like with a sky-blue background!

Brakie, nice job on the 70-tonner - hope you choose a name soon!

Chip - I already complimented that church in your other thread...

Chip: My hat is off to you sir as you've done a very fine job on the church! Actually all the pics are well done.
Ray: love the double bridges!

LGM
here's a couple of shots
on the top left, me at a Daimler /Rolls Royce dealer we serviced, bottom left loading up our trucks at a hotel in Bolton
and on the right a bit of off road fun in my old range rover, i knocked hell out of that 4x4 and it never let me down
160584799.gif

and below is a pair of heavy haul Scammell trucks hauling a 22ft diameter 550 ton paper drying drum bound for Brazil, seen here on it's run from Bolton to Manchester dock's
160590386.gif

and how about this for parking, the fire truck was en route to a barn fire and it slipped down a bank into a very snug ditch around 1986, my dad's at the side

160590358.gif

and last but not least this is the track Rat, it was designed to carry 5 people with three trucks behind with a payload of 15 ton's, drive was via hydraulic motors on every truck as well as on the track rat, unfortunatley there idea was not accepted and they did not get the contract and the company went bust, i enjoyed working with this machine it was fun.
160595693.gif

Ken,
What min radius are you running on? An around the walls plan is the obvious solution but I was trying to avoid any kind of duck under. I would also have to build some walls, not big a deal. My space is about 20' x 60'. I didn't plan on my first layout being this large;) . The space doesn't have many obstructions in it, only two steel posts. I have been trying to some different ideas for track arrangements and think a big oval dose work best for the 20 x 20 or so space i want to use. I guess on duck under isn't to bad.:(

Back