weekend photo 4/5/6 April

Went away for a long weekend last week so hence no pics from me, but Ive just looked through the thread and looks like you all had fun.

On to this week, spent a far bit of time designing my new project Im planning a portable layout built under the existing one.

The plan is U shaped with the U fixed in but the two legs of the U can come out of the shed to take do outdoor phot shoots or perhaps even the odd exhibition ??

Sizes
BoardsinUfinalsizes.jpg

3D view of the two set ups

3dBoards.jpg

And This is how far i got this afternoon

frames1.jpg

No layout plan yet, may use existing British diesels or perhaps even try a US based switching layout ?

John
RJR

Looks like an interesting project, and a much too organized one at that, John. You're in danger of giving me a complex. :p Really, though, nice work.

Staying with the same place as the past couple of times, but with a different look to it, and a different engine and train, here is my submission for the week.

-Crandell

IMG_1924cr.JPG

I rode the Ski Train last weekend. Here are some shots of the motive power, three FP40PH's.
IMG_3020-1.jpg

SkiTrainone.jpg

SkiTrain.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

I've got this old Bachmann GP50 that just sits in the display rack most of the time. One of these days I might actually put a decoder in it.

P9110382.jpg

Hey nice strat to the weekend John and it looks good so far. Crandall love the shot . When you gonna paint that power pole ? Lol Jeffrey you better get the police out there to find the graffiti artists .Smoke I now wish I would have went to see my daughter when she lived in Vail. I would have went over to ride the snow train . Looks like you had lots of fun !!

Paul, believe it or not, I painted the insulators immediately after taking the image. D'oh!! I will have to do them over because they still don't show up green enough in yet another image. But I will do it...I get the message. :p

Jeff...I love that last shot. I could be standing right there!

-Crandell

Great work everybody!

This week, I have three new videos of a rather short NYCS train running on my friend Don Meeker's layout. The videos are on YouTube...

Video #1

Video #2

Video #3

Thanks for watching!

Way to go.

Wonderfull stuff as always guys. Keep them coming. I managed to spend
a couple of hours on my rolling stock, but that is all I can do for now.
So without further ado:

Weathering the quick and easy way. This is the first layer. Basically the
most extensive layer of weathering. The rest will be in the details, reporting mark, and some touch up. These four boxcar that I am doing took 2 hours. That's without counting the time for painting them (white, spray can) first, and the dullcoat layer. So, all in all about 2 days at the moment. Should have them done and ready to display by next weekend.

Wishing you all a great weekend

200845194416_11.JPG

200845194735_33.JPG

Fantastic weathering there MLW, keep it up!!!

My enginehouse build is coming along pretty well, the final layer of dullcoat was sprayed on today so hopefully the actual assembly will begin sometime tomorrow. I'll try to get some pics up in my 'Enginehouse' thread, if I can get control of it back. Kind of been hijacked. :D Just kidding

Anyway, I went to the LHS today looking for some Kadee couplers and wheels for my Accurail CN Boxcar project but, they did not have the wheels or couplers that I was looking for on hand. :( I did find another boxcar while I was there though which seems to happen to me a lot lately when I go down there. I need to get that back under control. :rolleyes: Athearn RTR 50' PD Superior Boxcar for CNW, leased from FGEX. I definitely have a thing for boxcars, they are my favorite piece of rolling stock although I am in the process of searching out a CNW caboose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Massachusetts Bay & Southern Maine SW1500m 1501 leads heavily rebuilt H24-66 1493 down the lengthy MB&SM six foot mainline:rolleyes:

The trainmaster was mildly wrecked, and was rebuilt using a GP35 for the cab and nose. At the same time the GP35s 567 and main generator were rebuilt and put in instead of the aging FM equipment. The resulting 2500 horsepower dinosaur is the flagship of the MB&SMs 5 locomotive roster.

When I say wrecked, I mean it. This loco fell of a train table 7 or 8 years ago resulting in a damaged nose and a broken cab:p

MBSM-1.png

First off I'd like to give credit where credit is due. Thank you to Fred Barkhouse (CP9302) for giving me the inspiration to try these.

Besides the BNSF C44-9W that I modeled burned up, these are only my second and third GE units I've ever modeled.

This first one is BC Rail #4642. Had a bit of a turbo fire.

100_1758.jpg

100_1759.jpg

This second unit will probably get me in trouble with the guys at General Electric. But it was done because it's the shell I had. LOL

100_1757.jpg

100_1756.jpg

I have a third C44-9W also with a turbo fire, but it's still being patched. It's a CNW unit being patched into UP unit #9666.

Very nice array of photos lots of variety a well done to all.
Well just came up from the layout, finally after 2 years it's running again, however I did toast a transformer and had to replace that to get the second shot

GP9 5967 on the Trestle
CBNS-a.png

Then C630M 2039 comes thundering out of the tunnel on the West Main
CBNS-b.png

That's it for tonight, it's been a tiring one. Hopefully most of the kinks are out of it now.

Cheers from Central Nova

Willis

Back