WEEKEND Foto Fun, 29th June 1st July

I am leaving for Ohio next week for 6 days may have some proto pics when I get back. You all have a safe 4th of July and Happy Birthday America for our Independence. Thanks to all those who have and are serving our country...God Bless!

Not quite 1/87 scale, actually 1/32 scale but they are a christmas present for Matt, start early i say, the set cost £60 in shops but i got it for £9.99 off ebay, it was listed wrong so nobody bid on it and i got it for the starting bid, COOL or what
P6270015.jpg

P6270014.jpg

P6270013.jpg

A long with the pretties comes the hard work. Here I am adding a room in the outer garage that adjoins the main room of my layout. I have my inclines and main to the city of Ashland out here and I have always had problems with the temps being very hot or very cold, but this will take care of it. As you can see from the photo of the thermometer, it's HOT!:eek:

First Photo: How about these for track tools? hammer or nail gun? :D :D

Second Photo: Yup! It is on the warm side.:eek:

A long with the pretties comes the hard work. Here I am adding a room in the outer garage that adjoins the main room of my layout. I have my inclines and main to the city of Ashland out here and I have always had problems with the temps being very hot or very cold, but this will take care of it. As you can see from the photo of the thermometer, it's HOT!:eek:

First Photo: How about these for track tools? hammer or nail gun? :D :D

Second Photo: Yup! It is on the warm side.:eek:

Got a permit for that bud??:D Oh nice legs!!;)

Ken.

:D Hahaha! Yeah...ok, but a look of power...more power...arh...arh...arh:D . If you look hard, you can see how red my knees are. It's too hot for jeans, too hot for knee pads, so my knees catch the devil.

Ken, man that nail gun is a great as canned beer. I would be in bad trouble if I had to use the hammer for all this...and by myself.

Josh, I would have made GatorDave proud. I think I have drank about a case or more of Gatorade this week.;) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys I thought I'd post some pics of my new train room 9.5' X 12' less the little bit where the closet is.

P1030401.JPG

P1030402.JPG

P1030403.JPG

P1030404.JPG

Small Huh?? I plan to build about 50" off the floor which is above the PC monitor and will allow some staging underneath.

Ken.

Heck Ken, with some imagination and good planning you can do a lot with that. Do you have any ideas yet?

Great work Rex,,, that was a fair old step down before you did this, great work Rex and in 100 degree's, nice.

Looking good Ken, with a bit of imagination it'll look great

not much happening today except raining and two steam excursions, this is "black 5" No 5407 passing my little town in a downpour, we were very lucky with the commuter train, it passed on our side just in time
P6300001.jpg

Looks like quite an expansion Rex, NZ Ken plenty of room for running trains there , Steve nothing like two trains a passing !!

Chip was thinking the same,,,

mounted the backdrop on some masonite and screwed it to the childrens layout to be, were working back to front, hence no trains yet, the base is an internal hollow core door, strong but light
P6300004.jpg

the week at RJR

This week I have done some more work on the bridge / hidden siding ,ballasted the track and created the hardstanding base area.

View under the bridge into the depot to be...
bridge1.jpg

The two track hidden yard is now lost and an area for non train scenery created
hiddenyard.jpg

View off the bridge into the depot
viewoffbridge.jpg

A view off the entire layout, all 8' of it !
overview.jpg

My new bachmann 37 on the hardstanding. The site of the depot to be..

37678.jpg

I think Im going to start scratchbuilding the depot building next, over the two tracks at the right end where the 37 is stood.

John
RJR

Steve - nice scenery, your layout is really starting to blossom!

Rex - geez, at those temps I'm surprised your models don't melt! :eek: Glad you're fixing the problem

NZKen - I think you could have an excellent pike in that space, especially if you double-deck it. Probably need a duck-under or swinging gate by the door though...

No, I don't..WHERE CAN YOU FIND IT THOUGH! I'd LOVE one of those!
Miles, rumour has it that it originated as this Kibri kit (same crane, different bucket attachment):
http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/405-11283

The one in Steve's photo has been heavily modified. But with your talent at painting/weathering, I bet you could do the same thing quite easily!

I'm really liking this plan out of a recent magazine;) I know it's cheating but with a little tweaking and some staging it will be all mine:D .

Ken.

John looking great John, that's about the same size as my mate Mick's layout,

Just got back from possibly the wettest evening out on record,,,and why
For This YES,,, 5407 same location as this morning but on return trip during 20 seconds of partial sun
P6300014.jpg

Followed shortly by 6201 under the blackest clout on earth
P6300018.jpg

and what do you do in between trains,,, have fun
P6300016.jpg

Back