Weathering 3D Printed Tunnel

Is printing in 3D really "Do It Yourself?" Do It With a Computer (DIWC) might be a better description. Not raining on your parade and I like what you have done with your DIWC Tunnel Portal, looks very realistic!

Is printing in 3D really "Do It Yourself?" Do It With a Computer (DIWC) might be a better description. Not raining on your parade and I like what you have done with your DIWC Tunnel Portal, looks very realistic!

I think you misinterpreted the title. The weathering here is DIY, the printing isn't necessarily.

As far as DIWC goes, I remember a couple decades ago people saying the same sorts of things about digital cameras. And, the truth of the matter is that you're still doing it yourself, it's just that what you're doing involves a different process.

OTOH, if you're just printing somebody else's design, you'd have to be incredibly charitable about how you define DIY for that to still qualify.

I am certainly capable of misinterpreting many things! Anyway I still think the weathering you did is exceptional.

I am certainly capable of misinterpreting many things! Anyway I still think the weathering you did is exceptional.
I'm definitely going to be looking at more of his videos, the quality of the work is quite a bit better than what I can presently do.

It may not be your particular cup of tea, but his channel has an entire tutorial on designing walls for 3d printing.

Back