Weather Attempt 5

MLW

Here goes another attempt. Not much merit on this one.
I used a fine mist of rubbing alcohol before applying some light weathering and a wash of acrylic paint diluted in same.

SWEET I love it, nice to see a ray of su... err Rust after 3 hours of attempting to get 2 computers on the internet...

here's another one

200681222259_close%20up.jpg

Here's a few more: a beat up Saint-Lambert & Chambly ALCO RS2.
(with some close up shot):)

re-did the roof. Removed the excess weathering

20061117142028_Cvtp2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be disappointed!

Here's the latest on the Athearn BB covered hopper: I was going for dirt/rust streak, but they turned out to be a disapointment.

I think you did a fantastic job - this model looks... real! I'm joining the discussion at the end; so, I don't know how you did this - how did you keep it looking so random, and what materials did you use? :D

I'd say it look's pretty fantastic

this is one of my early weathering job's on a BB gondola, i used a combination of instant rust and flat black spray paint, as the instant rust ages the better it look's
PB260080.jpg

PB260081.jpg

MLW,

You've become the new Weathering Wizard for this forum (esp. the cylindrical grain hopper a few pages back).

Steve, your BB gondola looks exactly the way I originally wanted my mill gons to look, when I weathered them 10 years ago. Needles to say they didn't turn out anywhere near as good as yours did. Guess I'll have to add a re-weathering project to my 'ToDo' list...

Last edited by a moderator:

Back