Weakly Foto Phun 2/3 - 2/10

Pete
I'm assuming its a wireless camera, what kind of range does it have? Where did you get it?:confused:

Nope, not wireless, a MicroSD card goes in the back of it. I only got an 8GB one (although it accepts up to 32GB) because it records at 1080p, so you need a very fast (and therefore more expensive) MicroSD card otherwise the camera is creating data faster than the card can write it and you end up with dropped frames. You can also watch a live feed via your TV with the HDMI cable that comes with it.

I bought it online from a Chinese store.

FINALLY painted my 3 NYSW shells. 2 of which were repaints. Shell without the cab is SD40T-2, the others are SD40-2 and SD60.

FINALLY painted my 3 NYSW shells. 2 of which were repaints. Shell without the cab is SD40T-2, the others are SD40-2 and SD60.

Lookin good man! You always do some nice work. Im thinkin about painting our benchwork now but cant find the motivation to do so lol. Also, your pictures make me wanna get a coke :D

Here's 2 of my favorite lease units a GATX GP38-2 and a HLCX GP40-2.

001-32.jpg

Once I get Slate Creek (a ISL) built these two locomotives will show up from time to time.

wow those are awesome. I wish more Leaseing Railroads Locos were produced. CEFX, CITX, HLCX(in the multitude of schemes) as some examples...

wow those are awesome. I wish more Leaseing Railroads Locos were produced. CEFX, CITX, HLCX(in the multitude of schemes) as some examples...

I hear ya!

I been thinking about doing 2 exBN lease GP38-2 patch jobs..I haven't made my mind up on what leasing company to letter them for..

cameracarbefore.jpg

Mini HD Sports Camera

+

gooddaytender.jpg

N scale tender from a Bachmann 4-8-4 Northern

=

cameracarproto1.jpg

N scale camera car! Only a prototype so far, still need to finalise the placement and glue it all together.

dare i ask where you got it from (i know ebay) and for a link/name of it? also would it fit inside a HO sized train car/engine with little to no modding? or how much would be needed?

It's made by a Chinese company and was bought from an online store based out of China that deals in electronics. The site I bought it from doesn't have any more stock and told me that the camera is out of production now, but other stores might still have it. I found this one but it's a bit pricier than what I paid. If you're considering one make sure that the the specs mention 1080p recording (1920x1080 resolution) as there was a lower spec version of this camera that only went to 720p and had a few technical issues. The cameras look identical externally which is why I didn't look on ebay.

As for dimensions, I don't have any HO stuff here to test it on but if you want to measure some of your own the camera dimensions are- L: 89mm, H: 39mm, W: 34mm. I'm not sure it would fit inside a diesel loco shell without removing the casing, but I don't know what it looks like inside because the screws are in too tight for me to remove without stripping the head. It will very easily sit on a flatcar though.

You can still buy this Video camera from many dealers & WM on-line.
It fits in an HO Scale Gon too. I've done 4 Video's w/it & they are on my youTube acct. I paid $64.00 for mine & the 32GB mini Sandisk on Ebay was $32.00. This one is a sports camera & comes w/3 or 4 mounts incl. a helmet bracket. The one the camera is sitting on is my Tri-pod mount for my digital camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I've mocked up two locations on my layout, Scranton and Port Clinton. Photos below."

Port Clinton in which state? I grew up next to Port Clinton, Ohio on Lake Erie.

Haha the borg in The Next Generation said that. The ones in Voyager shortened it to "We are the borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile." They must have been lazy borg... :)

No, they must have assimilated a no-nonsense species where they don't bother with extraneous dialogue between The Next Generation and Voyager :D

Took a photo of the road stripes I recently added.

Route 66 through our 1957-58 town is finally starting to look like the real thing. Still lots and lots of details to add but I wanted to post this photo to show the progress.

IoIHJ.jpg

Back