Weakend Foto Phun 1/5 - 1/7

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Hey, Hey, Hey! It's the Weekend! Where is all the great work everybodies been doing?

I have been doing some decaling of various rolling stock this week. Just needs some weathering to finish it off. (These were taken as i applied the decals so pardon the shiny spots. They got a coat of dullcoat later.)

Hopper321_1w.png

I fashioned a cradle to hold the cars on end for decaling.

Hopper314_2w.png

Hopper314_1w.png

Here is a Branchline Blueprint Series Pullman Sleeper in SLO&W Colors.

PassengerDecal01w.png

PassengerDecal02w.png

One final photo of the whole group that are now lettered for the Seneca Lake, Ontario, and Western RR:

Decaling02w.png

I've been working on my small layout as well, but Cant go to far w/o more buildings. Ive got most of the industries figured out, Now I Just need to win the lotto to be able to afford them! Haha Got my DCC wired and working. Very cool I must say.. I'll get some pictures of my progress so far in the AM.

Ray Your Cars are lookin good! I'm lovin that slogan.

weekend!

I've got some more track laid :p .this is all for this weekend the chiefs play today thats K.C not santa fe!!!!!:D

Nothing yet from me, but I did recently post a pile of reviews, check them out in the reviews section.

RJRs week

Inspired by an article about a layout called "Wood Street" in Novembers "Model Rail" Ive added a signal box to my 7" wide layout

050107%20signal%20(3).JPG

050107%20signal%20(5).JPG

signal%20phase%203.JPG

four.JPG

Ive also been playing with variuos forms of lighting for photographs

John

Great pictures everyone and great progress.
Went to a train show at Preston today and got some great bargains, almost fighting the crowd's off, i had bought half a table of structures for £7 and everyone was diving into them faster than i could bag em up, i also got a 1/87 John Deer tractor and a LeibHerr articulated loading shovel, both for £9.

The new tractor and loading shovel on a Bachmann silver series depressed center flat car
P1060093.jpg

A nice small staging track
P1060080.jpg

P1060085.jpg

Oh No, on the Thomas the tank engine layout The hogwart's express hit Gordon's train and knocked the coaches off, but there were no traumatised kid's Bob:D
P1060075.jpg

And the tractor has a removable cab
P1060094.jpg

And Ed, the new driver stood by his new loading shovel
P1060096.jpg

Loading a gondola with waste plaster
P1060100.jpg

Great pictures everyone!

Johntealon 30 I just almost finished my idea/reply to your "inside" layout: A kind of structure that was built over the traks!!..I only had to translate some words .....and voila it has already made by you( telepathie?:eek: ;) It looks great. When you watch the tracks from left to the right there is something that catches your eye and after watching it the "eye" goes further to the right: It makes the whole scene al lot interesting!
BTW Steve B Great and sharp pictures and realy a great catch!!
What a small staging track:eek: :eek:
Ray: very nice and accurate work...I like the self-made-invented-cradle!
Myself was still busy with some rockexperiencses and building some more HOmodelltrees. The rock scene is about 5/6 inches"TALL"
Jos

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures everyone!

Johntealon 30 I just almost finished my idea/reply to your "inside" layout: A kind of structure that was built over the traks!!..I only had to translate some words .....and voila it has already made by you( telepathie?:eek: ;) It looks great. When you watch the tracks from left to the right there is something that catches your eye and after watching it the "eye" goes further to the right: It makes the whole scene al lot interesting!
BTW Steve B Great and sharp pictures and realy a great catch!!
What a small staging track:eek: :eek:

Thanks !! I guess great minds think alike ?? ;)

And I liked the pictures of preston, I should check calandars more I could have called in I passed on my way from Blackpool back to Oldham !!! :mad:

Ive posted a pic in my Im beat thread that I cant resist posting here !!! It my bes pic of the week / year:D

one.JPG

John

Jos, those are some great photos, Im likin those rocks. very nice!

Heres my contribution.. Crappy Pictures, only one building, I dont have the fine ballast to make the gravel roads/walkways.
IMG_3847.JPG

IMG_3844.JPG

IMG_3841.JPG

Dont mind the background Mess, tryin to get other half of room organized..

Great work. I love Photo Fun because it pushes the envelope.

For the first time in months, I'm going to join the fray.

Here's the problem. Besides bing a cheap LifeLike model. The freight platform has no dock in front of the freight house and a person would have to jump or use a ramp to get anything into a car.

traincity57.gif

traincity62.gif

Likewise the passenger platfom is too far and distant from the trains to help this poor lady.

traincity61.gif

The platforms the old SP platforms that I've seen pictures of are all at rail level and use steps provided by the conductor. So anyway, I stole a bunch of my daughter's popsicle sticks and went to work.

traincity58.gif

traincity59.gif

traincity60.gif

Now both the passenger platform and the loading dock are useful.

traincity63.gif

I got a set of close-up rings so that I could photograph the iris for iridolgy readings. Here's how they look on the layout.

traincity55.gif

traincity56.gif

Nice Chip, What Camera are you using? Im eyeballing a macro lens for my Digital Rebel XT.. so i'll have a nice selection from about 30mm up to the 800mm zoom lens I used for some of the danville yard pics.

Cool platform too!

Nice Chip, What Camera are you using? Im eyeballing a macro lens for my Digital Rebel XT.. so i'll have a nice selection from about 30mm up to the 800mm zoom lens I used for some of the danville yard pics.

Cool platform too!

It's a Fugi S1 with a 28-110 3.5 Nikkor Lens--with a 2x close-up ring.

Back