We know the rosters, how's the to do list?

kjd

Go make something!
Like is says. What are you working on or planning?

I borrowed Rob Leachman's amazing book 'Northwest Passage' and have been planning mid '90s 4 axle BN projects.

My short list is (all BN):

GP28M 1510
GP39-2 2722
GP40M 3507
GP50 3118
GP50 3103
B30-7A(1)B 4106
B30-7A(1)B 4067
B30-7A(1)B 4077

I have base locos for all of these but some Cannon & Co parts are probably in order especially for the first two.
The 4106 is nearly done but I started it 4 years ago. 4067 is detailed and green but I haven't worked on it for years and will redo some of it since I can do it better now.
3118 was actually the third loco I painted, back in 1994, and I want to redo it with correct stepwells and battery boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 gp38-3 built from a gp40, to finish in NS
2 gp40, 1 gp38, 2 sd40-2's to strip and repaint NS
5 sd40t-2's to patch from UP to SP (UP got bought out by SP on my layout, sorry):)
2 NS c40-9w's blue box to hardwire for dcc

My ToDo list for new additions, where I already have the base locos, is:

1) Athearn bluebox SD40-2, currently in BN, planning to repaint in CSX 'bright future' scheme; also need to add a number of details (K5LA horn, hood-mounted bell, etc.)

2) P2K GP30, to be converted to a road slug, painted in CSX 'stealth' + yellow

I'll also need to acquire an Athearn bluebox GP40-2 dummy unit to mate with the slug. I'm nowhere close to that point yet though...

I got the first one crossed off my list this weekend, BN 4106. It is a Railpower shell with Smokey Valley Utility cab and highnose kits as well as a dynamic brake box kit. I think the sideframes were Smokey Valley as well. I did have a head start on this one, I found it in a box from a couple moves ago with most of the decals applied. I bent handrails and painted them this weekend.

4106-0709230.jpg

Are you kidding? My list is infinite>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Like josh....everything...lol...I am not even going to attempt to make a list...

I've stopped compiling a list. But, I do have a list of all the unassembled locos and rolling stock, mainly so I don't buy a second one. Still, you can say those are the ones that need 'to-do-ing'....

:D

Kennedy

I don't think I've ever FINISHED anything. I'm always saying "well one more part and it'll be done", then I remember it needs a motor & DCC, ect... *Sigh* Working on a CP rail autorack right now.

I don't think I've ever FINISHED anything. I'm always saying "well one more part and it'll be done", then I remember it needs a motor & DCC, ect... *Sigh* Working on a CP rail autorack right now.

I can relate to that and then decided it would be good to finish stuff so I set aside the thousand other things to do and decided to focus on these for a few months. Some things get done enough and to most people look pretty good but are not finished. Lately it has been stuff I built 10yrs or so ago getting rebuilt with Cannon fans or better decoder with lights, etc.

Back