Watsonville junction

Thanks to Rico,blue92rs,ho/ttothemoss,MLW....

I love to hear your positive feedback,that's the best motivation to keep on working....

Stunning! This is by far the best layout I've seen. Your scenery, weathering, tracks, structures and details are all balance and give a real feeling to the layout.

Very well done!

What is your average track radius?

Thanks again for the updates

Syl

That's a good question,Syl....I never measured the radius of my tracks:rolleyes:.....I guess the radius of the mushroom/penninsula is ca 27''...that sounds not much but you can seldom see the entire curve while operating.Most of my first time visitors are surprised when they're walking around the bend and discover the scenery inch by inch....The other curves are laid as they're needed...I haven't any exact trackplan:eek:

A short local....

This short local just needs a single unit...the short line of cars ain't no heavy work for the SP SD-9 #3900 coming up the hot valley.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Guten Morgen

Ich spreche nicht Deutsch, ich spreche Französisch.
Ihre Zug Miniature ist ausgezeichnet. In sie überprüft haben sie eine reportage für Deutch-Ban in Model Ho?
Haben sie photos?

Sind sie auf der website Ort-Überprüfung? (Loco-revue forum?)

Danke

Syl

Zoegraf: Got your pm and reply

Cheers

Guten Morgen

Ich spreche nicht Deutsch, ich spreche Französisch.
Ihre Zug Miniature ist ausgezeichnet. In sie überprüft haben sie eine reportage für Deutch-Ban in Model Ho?
Haben sie photos?

Sind sie auf der website Ort-Überprüfung? (Loco-revue forum?)

Danke

Syl

Zoegraf: Got your pm and reply

Cheers

Syl,I think my french is so bad as your german.....

...and by the way,how did you translate in German?:eek:

If I understand you correctly you want pictures of my former german prototyped layout that I've introduced in a german modelrailroad forum a few years ago?

If I yes,here is a link.....

http://www.stummiforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=37534

......if not,please would you repeat in english?;)

Das ist richtig. Vielen Dank.

Hervorragend ihre INFORMATIONSNETZES LANDWIRTSCHAFTLICHER der deutch Ban. Übersetzung Internet ich mag zwar der Ttrans Europa Expreß noch einmal danke

Syl

I just found this thread!. Must say the work is truly outstanding!. Everything is top notch. Very well done.

I am going to bookmark this so I can keep up.

Adios, wyatt

@ ClinchValley and Soo:
Gentleman,thanks for your kindly comments.....

I didn' make really new progress on my layout but for a foto shooting with a german magazine I finaly did several projects that I had on my to-do list.So I added ez-wire to the poles and at the Riverside part I've "planted" some electricty poles....I think the scenery has now a bit more atmosphere.

I've also created several scenes with cars and figures.

He're some quickly- taken pics...the cars and trucks are loaned from fellow modeler Dennis Arufat who's owner of a impressive collection of perfect detailed and wheatered vehicles.

I'll post more pics the next days...

The detailed vehicles nicely complement the very nicely detailed layout. Every picture has an authentic look to it. Nice attention to detail.

Hello Frank,
You are a real craftsman and artist for sure! I can only hope to achieve results like you have done on your layout there in Stuttgart.

By the way, Mein Großvater war aus Idar-Ober Stein war wie meine Mutter. Idar-Oberstein ist [war], einer kleinen Stadt Birkenfeld Landkreis in Rheinland-Pfalz.
His last name was Gorg with the umlout over the o.
Ist mein Deutsch ziemlich gut? The English to German translation program sure comes in handy, Das ist sicher! [That's for sure!]

I live in the Central Valley of California, at almost the exact Center of the State in a small foothill community of Coarsegold [rough Gold] and am also very familiar with many of the scenes your capturing so magnificently with all the detail! I'm going to tell a buddy and MRR'er who also models the SP but in the 1950's. He does some very nice work but yours is excellent!!

I would assume your aware that the SP changed hands to the D&RGW, I happened to be down in the valley about 8 to 10 years ago and say four or five road diesels on what used to be just SP trackage which was really strange. Of course the D&RGW was bought by BN&SF, a Warren Buffet holding.

Anyway Frank, your doing some really great work, Man and your photography is fairly good too. As was mentioned by Charles Smiley, and what I also use having been a photographer and now working in digital, a photo editing program offer a fairly easy way to correct color as well as other sharpening and lightening if needed. The program I use from Serif has what they call Curvs and makes it easy to lighten and color correct at the same time, at least to some extent.

Good to touch bases with you.

David Smith

@Trussrod the DRGW was taken over by Union Pacific

Thanks for correcting me Charles, I just assumed that because I saw four or more D&RGW road diesels on what was once SP trackage that they were now owned by the BNSF like the old SP. So that just goes to prove what they say about assuming too much.

The way I understand it, DRGW took over SP and then UP took over DRGW/SP

Sorry guys,
Haven't been here in the forum for a long time..other modelrailroad activities ,a busy job and the family took a lot of time.

David,thanks for your kindly comments!

I love it when people come out with their german roots! As I mentioned in an earlier reply,those were impressive experiences we made on our many trips to the USA.

Also thanks to the others writers on my thread!

Here's one more pic of my now better detailed Diamond brick building....

P.S. At the present I'm packing my bags for our coming trip to the United States....

Me and two fellows will start on Tuesday,April 24th from Stuttgart to a 18-days railfanning adventure to NYC,PA,MD,W.DC and NJ..:)

Sorry guys,
Haven't been here in the forum for a long time..other modelrailroad activities ,a busy job and the family took a lot of time.

David,I love it when people come out with their german roots! As I mentioned in earlier reply,those were the best experiences we made on our many trips to the USA.

Here's one more pic of my now better detailed Packers plant brick building....

P.S. A the present I'm packing my bags for our coming trip to the United States....

Me and two fellows will leave back our loved wives and start at Tuesday,April 24th from Stuttgart to a 18-days railfanning adventure to NYC,PA,MD and NJ..:)

Alway a pleasure looking at your work.

Sorry guys,

David,I love it when people come out with their german roots! As I mentioned in earlier reply,those were the best experiences we made on our many trips to the USA.

Here's one more pic of my now better detailed Packers plant brick building....

P.S. A the present I'm packing my bags for our coming trip to the United States....

Me and two fellows will leave back our loved wives and start at Tuesday,April 24th from Stuttgart to a 18-days railfanning adventure to NYC,PA,MD and NJ..:)

Say Frank,
Thanks for your appreciative note, your very welcome. Your modeling ability and eye for detail are exceptional to say the least! I hadn't even looked at the complete picture above of the Diamond Packing house and thought I was looking at a real scene. Even when I did see the complete picture it was still very hard to tell it was your model. :)

I hope you and your friends have a good trip to the New York area and elsewhere.

David Smith

Regard from Germany...

The last shot before departing to NYC...

A single SP "Kodachrome" -SD-45 leads a string of woodchip hoppers ....

Back