Wanted: Walthers Shinohara HO Turnout

GNMT76

Shinohara #948-8801, #4, code 83 left-hand HO turnout. In brand new or like new condition only. If you also happen to have the same in a RH turnout, holler!

Last edited:
There are now three back-and-forth messages here, yet only one is still showing in the "Replies" tabulator.

Poor choice of words. Perhaps counter - the feature showing the number of replies to a post - is better. Anyway it seems to have corrected itself now.

Poor choice of words. Perhaps counter - the feature showing the number of replies to a post - is better. Anyway it seems to have corrected itself now.
OK - I keep hoping that you would "reply" back to me so I could see if the tabulator was working from your end?

Shinohara #948-8801, #4, code 83 left-hand HO turnout. In brand new or like new condition only. If you also happen to have the same in a RH turnout, holler!
I have four LH and one RH #4 turnouts by Shinohara. These have insulated frogs. They are no longer in their original boxes, but they have never been installed. I have switched to Electrofrog and likely will never use these. Let me know if you want me to post photos.

I found my LH Shinohara turnout, but may be interested in one RH-er. Would you please post a few photos of it, but only if it's the Shinohara model #948-8801.

Thanks.

No idea what the model number is. This was sold under the Walthers brand, but you should be able to make out the word SHINOHARA in the second photo.

Attachments

• 20211117_151257.jpg
    20211117_151257.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 20211117_151328.jpg
    20211117_151328.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 126
It's well over five years old; but as I said, it has never been installed and it is in absolutely brand new condition.

As to price, I would need to replace this with a Peco Electrofrog #5, and the best price I see online is $25.19 at Yankee Dabbler. I would suggest shipping USPS Priority: a small flat rate box costs $9.20 to ship. I would NOT ship in an envelope for fear of damage in transit. Call it $34 total.

If you do not want to ship Priority, I can't give you an exact rate without your ZIP code; but based on my experience shipping items I sell on eBay, I would expect regular postage to be close to $7 or so, and that does not include insurance.

Back