Walthers - Unfair Competition

Those are some neat drawbars!

Yup. A 10-pack is $3.00. If either of you need them I'll get them for you...just let me know.

661-600S.jpg

Got mine Nate, Reed's Hobbies here in the San Diego area almost always has them in stock, but if they (and I) ever run out, I'll look towards you!

My thoughts..
I won't buy from a full price hobby shop.Why should I pay Walthers full price? On the other hand I will buy Walther sales items if I need any of the items on sale..I prefer to shop at my 4 favorite on line shops over my 2 full price hobby shops that is 26 miles(52 miles round trip) from my house.
Sorry guys but my common sense won't allow me to pay full price when I know I can get the items I need cheaper on line.

We have a Local Hobby Shop in the Buffalo area called Niagara Hobby , It is very competitive with thier prices .So I make the 20 minute trip there at times to do a little browsing also !!

My thoughts..
I won't buy from a full price hobby shop.Why should I pay Walthers full price? On the other hand I will buy Walther sales items if I need any of the items on sale..I prefer to shop at my 4 favorite on line shops over my 2 full price hobby shops that is 26 miles(52 miles round trip) from my house.
Sorry guys but my common sense won't allow me to pay full price when I know I can get the items I need cheaper on line.
*High Five*

Same here.

In the end, I really don't read much into threads like this, I know there's the whole "save the LHS" thing in everyone's mind, but I'd rather save money.

So you can see there are quite a few places to find bargains just have to dig in the dirt as OLD97 says !!!!!

LOL!!!!! :p :p

I don't have a problem with Walthers.
Customer service is king.
People are gonna go where the best deals and service are.
Besides, doesn't Walthers ask it's customers to patronize their local hobby shop before ordering from them???

I'm one of those people that believes in supporting the local businesses rather than a superstore or online store. If we don't, perhaps in 20-30 years Walmart will have a nice selection of 10 locomotives and the nearest LHS will be 250 miles away. I funnel all my dollars there if I can. Let me just say, though, that my particular shop is pretty good, and unusually knowlegdeable and that helps. Sometimes I can even get out the door those guys have so much to talk about, both about the hobby and MRR industry.

Back