Walthers Milwaukee station questions

Corey, I don't think that model went in stock until about December 1 so I kind of doubt that anyone has had the time to complete one of those monsters. I'd sure like to see one built and on a real layout too. Luckily, Hillside is too small and too poor for such an elegant station so I don't have to worry about parting with $230 for a passenger station. :)

I'm thinking it could be the center piece of my layout. It's 26" long by 9 " wide. The train barn is similar in size. I thought I could place them end to end to make one long scene. Depth wise, it would leave me room for a few low relief buildings on a backdrop. I have visions of troop trains arriving to carry on the war effort. The only stumbling block is the price, that is the amount I've spent on my current layout in over six months!

That would fit nicely with your theme, no doubt. I have a feeling this is going to be a dud for Walthers. Too big and not that many Milwaukee Road modelers left with that kind of space available. Keep watching the price on the Walthers web site. I suspect there will be a big blowout of these in about three months.

Walters terminal

That is a beauty kinda reminds me of the old Buffalo Termindal , Sorry about the quality . Would be nice but cost a bit much for me maybe when they put it on sale

I saw the model at the Nat'l Train Show this year. It's pretty big. I certainly don't have the room on my layout for it. At least not enough room to do it any justice.

Personally, I think that kind of structure (and the train sheds that go along with it) needs to be on a peninsula of sorts, for all-around access. For those folks who don't have that kind of space to dedicate to this, you might do a building flat. Though I wouldn't want to spend that kind of money just to cut the building in half lengthwise....

Kennedy

I'm thinking this would be a little large for what I want. The building isn't necessarily to big, it's the trackage that this sort of station needs to look good. Maybe I can find a smaller building of similar architecture. Any ideas for structures that would be similar, but smaller? I'm thinking a university building or a post office.

I've always thought this Heljan Synagogue had great potential for kistbashing into a lot of different structures.

08245293545426.gif

It's only $20 and you get a lot of detail for that kind of money. It's at http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/322-1000

Back