Walthers Lakeville Warehouse Kit

I got this kit and stated building it. As I'm building I'm noticing there is no floor panels like the instructions show, It shows(4X2's) Not only is there no parts numbered "2" but the roof panels are numbered 54 instead of number 32 as instructions show. Now I know Walthers do alot of reissuing of kits with different variations like this kit, its also a variation of the Peterson Tool but I'm lost as to what to do to make the front (12")...Help!!

Chad

I do not have this kit, but I have the Peterson Tool kit which is similar and uses a lot of the same parts. There are no floor panels. There are four open grid foundation plates, part #2, to be glued together. If you don't have the #2's, then contact Walther's and they might eventually send you some. As far as the roof panels being numbered #54 instead of #32, well that's just a normal typo for Walther's kits. I am not too sure what you mean by "the front (12")..." My memory of the Peterson Tool is that you take the parts #3 and #4 and glue them together with a #23 splice plate. Then you glue the bottom brick panels #'s 7, 8, 9, & 10 to the lower part of the walls and finally glue the windows and glass in place on the parts as the instructions show. Those splice plates #23 are pretty important in constructing these walls. Picture on the box is a bit misleading as it shows a trailer backed up to one door, giving an illusion of an overhang on one side.
Let me know if this helps. The other walls are a bit more complex, but once you understand their engineering, they go together easily. Their instructions for this kit are just a step above many of their instruction sheets which are normally pretty pitiful!

Back