Walthers Cornerstone Diesel House 933-2916

railBuilderDhd

I had a question about the Walthers Cornerstone Diesel House. I wanted to add this to a layout and I need to know the spacing of the tracks in the building and what turnouts would I need to use to lineup to the tracks in the building floor. Anyone have what they used to have the tracks lineup on the layout would be a great help.

Thank you
Dave

You could probably estimate it yourself by drawing it out on paper and laying out some track sections on it. The building is 9.25" wide. The middle track looks to be dead center. The other two are fairly close to the outer walls.

Steve S

I will have the said kit in a few days i hope to post exact measurements. In the meantime i think i have read something about 3.25" track spacing. I hope this helps.

Dave, i am still waiting for the kit to arrive, it should be anytime soon. I will take measurements and post track spacing as soon as i get it. I need these accurately as well in order to cut the bench-work for the base of the kit and finalize the track placement leading to the diesel shop.

Thanks Dave, it should be a great kit with lots of potential for detailing the interior. Initially i thought of modifying it but i think in the end i will just add some extensions to the kit :).

OT. How is the layout progressing?

Well, I got some measurements today on the track alignment and here is what I got. I can't wait to see what you get as I couldn't find my ruler so I had to use my tape measure for this. Not sure it will be as accurate as the ruler.

I got from the edge of one side 1 1/8 from edge to first rail, 4 3/16 to second track first rail, 7 1/2 to first rail of third track. The tracks are spaced with 3 1/16" between each. I figured the track centers are located from edge of building; track 1 center 1 17/32, track 2 center 4 23/32, and track 3 center 7 29/32. All measurements are in inches.

The layout is likely the slowest build in model railroad history. I have a plan I'm happy with and now just working on building and scenery locations. I will be posting a layout update soon.

Dave

So you received yours, how do you like the kit? Still waiting on mine, thanks for the measurements Dave. As for the layout, looking forward to updates!

Yes, I do have mine and I can see it will make a nice building. I will be adding details to the building and try to make it a real point of focus in the engine yard. I can see it could be worth detailing inside with all the windows.

Dave

Same plan here Dave, it is really a very good building to superdetail. All the best for the rest of the construction Dave and thanks for posting again the measurements.

I'm sure we will be chatting more as we move forward on this and other projects.

Speaking of layout I'm about ready to post an updated version of my layout. I feel good about this one and can't wait to get feedback then start on it.

Dave

Received my kit. Track spacing (center to center) is indeed 3.25" or something close to 8.25cm. Looks like a great kit. Looking forward to your updates Dave.

Yannis

Back