Wally World is Cheaper

SpaceMouse

Fun Lover
Unless you get the intro rate of $29.99 for 12 months, it is cheaper to buy Model Railroader at Walmart than to subscribe.

I really wanted to post this fact over there, but just couldn't bite the hand.

SpaceMouse... thanks for the head's up. How much does Walmart sell the issues for? I may just drop my subscription, if I can find a store that carries MR. (Do they carry RMC also?)

Bob

They carry RMC. OOPs nevermind. My math is a tad off. They are $5.25. I multipled by 6 for some reason. The real price would be $63 a year.

uh, Nevermind.

You mean they are more $$$, AND I have to go to Wally World to get them??? :eek: :D

"Honey, did you renew my subscription to Model Railroader?" :D

Ya know Chip, they do have a great deal on Chinese made calculators at Wally World... :D :D :D (sorry, couldn't resist).

There's only one problem, ya gotta go to Wally World to get them. ;)

Yeah, and here's the worst part: My better half says how we have to go to Wally World to "pick up a couple things"...."I need hair spray or Q-tips, it's cheaper there" (something like that)....Then $368 later we leave and forget to get the stuff we went for!!!:mad: .....I swear we are the only ones that the greeters know us by name!!!..."Hello Bob!!, 1 or 2 carts today?????"..:rolleyes:

Yeah, and here's the worst part: My better half says how we have to go to Wally World to "pick up a couple things"...."I need hair spray or Q-tips, it's cheaper there" (something like that)....Then $368 later we leave and forget to get the stuff we went for!!!:mad: .....I swear we are the only ones that the greeters know us by name!!!..."Hello Bob!!, 1 or 2 carts today?????"..:rolleyes:

LOL. The worst part is when you are balancing the checkbook 5 days later and can't remember what the $368 went for. :D

For that reason I refuse to shop with my wife...lol

She goes on her own with her allowance LOL

If I go with her its like torture for me because she guilts then I am in for real trouble...sheesh!

I am cheap when it comes to spending $$$ and I am a real value hunter on quality. Dont mind spending $$ but it has to stand up to a battery of test of reasonable use & purpose and test of time etc. Old school I guess. I use to work at Wally world 24 years ago...made a killin on profit sharing tee hee.

Back