Video

Walschaerts

CMO of the RMC
Part of my high school graduation project Im working on.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eN8tofF_Des

Take a ride with me on a 15 inch scale live steam locomotive. I do some explaining through out the video so I'm sorry if i dumb down the content a little (remember i have to show this to high schoolers that have no interest in steam or trains in general)...well enjoy!:)

Great job on the video.
You're lucky living so close to Strasburg. I love that place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, yeah I like being able to wake up and being like "mom lets go to Strasburg", and in 20 mins I'm there...and surrounded by steam.:D

Sweeeeeeeeeeet! I miss that place! I was there visiting my sister in Wilkes Barre, PA and we went there. I was at a loss....in a deep tranquil state. My sister had to drag me out of there! LOL

Great job on the video and, betweeen you and engineer, great job of explaining how a steam engine works. What kind of grade did you get? :)

Great job on the video and, betweeen you and engineer, great job of explaining how a steam engine works. What kind of grade did you get? :)

Haha....I did all the talking and operating:D (my younger brother filmed it). I didn't turn it in yet, I'm a senior this up coming school year so its due for me in May. Just wanted to get part of it out of the way.....

Wow, you are the engineer and narrator? You have accomplished much for your young age. What are your plans for a career? Sounds like you are cut out to be a mechanical engineer. You know way more about how a real steam engine works that I think 99% of use here do.

Wow, you are the engineer and narrator? You have accomplished much for your young age. What are your plans for a career? Sounds like you are cut out to be a mechanical engineer. You know way more about how a real steam engine works that I think 99% of use here do.

Thanks,

Yeah, I really don't know exactly what I wanna do with my life yet. But I do know I would like to stay on the mechanical side of things....I don't know.....Oh, one thing I do know, I will NOT work for a class one railroad.

Back