VIA Rail Spiderman 2 Decals

CP9302

I've wanted to do a spiderman unit since I first saw one, but no one has made a decal yet. (that I know of anyway) So I decided to make my own. I printed these on Bare-metal Foil Co. white ink jet decal paper. I used a High Ball graphics VIA set for the numbers.
The model is a walthers train line F40PH decorated in VIA Rail. I changed the number and add the spiderman 2 decals. I also put grab irons on it.
I know the walthers F40 has several major differences to the VIA Rail F40PH-2 prototype, and I intend to make a more acurate model next time. I just wanted to see if the decals would work before going to all that trouble.

Please let me know what you think of it. I'm very pleased and plan to model another, more acurate one in the future.

Any tips on printing your own decals would also be appreciated.

Pic #1 is a prototype shot
Pic #2 and #3 are my model

It looks excellent! And for your more accurate one in the future, remember that this unit is equipped with a Xenon headlight below the regular two!

TrainboyH16-44 said:
It looks excellent! And for your more accurate one in the future, remember that this unit is equipped with a Xenon headlight below the regular two!
Was that added AFTER that picture?

TrainboyH16-44 said:

Which F40's have that extra head light? I think there are two of them, but I don't know the numbers.

Back