VIA Rail 6429 (Telus)

CP9302

I just finished another VIA F40. This one is far more accurate than the Spiderman 2 unit I did last week.

It started out as a Walthers F40PH. I replaced all the fans and added the winterization hatch, moved the horn, replaced the rear light, moved the side door and built a new fuel tank. I changed the plow and added ditch lights and new MU/HEP plugs. I also added the usual assortment of wire formed grab irons, railings and eye bolts as well as making the bug deflectors on the nose.
I painted it green and black and used decals from ORO and Microscale to finish the model. A light dusting of road grime brings out the under frame details while black soot stains along the roof line show this is a work horse engine.
Now I just need to program the decoder and see if all the lights work!

Whoo - some awesome model! How about some more close up photos showing the changes you mentioned?

I did a VIA F40PH when the prototypes first came out, used a Bachmann shell at the time, all that was available. Didn't do any where as many changes that you did though. Major change was the fuel tanks and battery boxes, which had to be reversed on the model. I was fortunate that VIA's Atlantic passed though our city and was able to get many closeup shots at the time. No passenger trains here at all now.

Keep up the fine work!

Thats just simply BEAUTIFUL! I love every bit of it. Thanks for providing such great inspiration for other kitbashers out there!

Quick up-date-
I got over to my RR Club today and programmed the decoder. The lights all work, including the ditch lights and the red class lights if I want to run this unit on the tail end.

I'll try to take some photos of the next one I'm working on to show the changes I've made.

Yeh... I have to admit, though it maybe a diesel you've done an excellent job. A most excellent job at that!

Fergie

Back