George AFB, CA
Hahn AB, Germany
Ramstein AB, Germany
Incirlik AB, Turkey
Shaw AFB, SC
Aviano AB, Italy
Nellis AFB, NV

Jet Noise -- The Sound of Freedom!

USAF, Korea 1950 - 54. Worked on the scenery of one of the largest HO layouts in Japan...Misawa, Honshu, Japan.

US Army Active Duty 1973-75 Inactive 1976-1979
Michigan Army National Guard 1983-84
Iowa Army National Guard 1984-present
God Bless the USA!

Ladies and gentalmen,If I may I would like to be able to induct a new name to our hallowed halls,on Thursday at 11:30 (PST) my youngest son Stephen AKA "butthead" enlisted in the U.S.Air Force:D I am very proud of him and wish him the best of luck,He is going into there "sercurity force "

Last edited by a moderator:
nmaniac: I know you are very proud of your son and we are grateful for his service. He is more than welcome on this list of honor.

Air Force

Ladies and gentalmen,If I may I would like to be able to induct a new name to our hallowed halls,on Thursday at 11:30 (PST) my youngest son Stephen AKA "butthead" listed in the U.S.Air Force:D I am very proud of him and wish him the best of luck,He is going into there "sercurity force "

Congratulations and Thank You to your son for his future service.
Go Air Force!
Wayne
USAF 62-66

He'll find he's not the only guy named "butthead" in the Air Force. Good luck to Steve.

Allan
USAF
Korea 1950 -54

Guys, I want to thnak you all very much for all your well wishs:D,when "butthead" gets home from work I will show him the post.We got the phone call today:( he will be leaveing in mid-april we've been calling him "butthead" for a few years now :D

USAF 1987-91
Full tour at K.I. Sawyer AFB, Michigan after basic and Fire Fighter training at Chanute AFB, Illinois.
Extended six extra months for base support duty because Desert Storm kicked off about 5 weeks before I was due to get out.
I salute all of my fellow veterans here and everywhere and the young men and women who currently serve this great country!

Memorial Day Remembrance

Thank you Brett and Todd for your service and also for reviving this thread.

As this Memorial Day approaches, it is time to once again remember and honor all those that have made the supreme sacrifice to keep our countries free and our peoples safe.
To all, I salute you and give my most sincere gratitude.

Active Duty USCG 2004-Present

Aviation Electronics Technician, goin Machinery Technician for medical reasons (can't fly no more...)

I never served unless you count my years on the street having bricks and bottles thrown at me by anti-war protestors. At least they weren't shooting at me (much). Thanks to all of you who served and protected our country.

Counts in my book!!! someone's gotta keep the peace on the homefront!!

Thank you to all Veterans. I tried to join the Air Force in 1967. Took the aptitude test and was ready to sign up, got the letter from the draft board and the Air Force said wait until after the pre induction physical. Took the preinduction physical and had a curvature of the spine and a shoulder blade out of place so ended up being 4F, not physically fit to serve. I feel I missed out on something but then again when some of my friends got out and the mental shape they were made me wonder did I. I do think I did and I looked back at some of them before they served they were no quite right to begin with.

United States Coast Guard 1966 -1970
Viet Nam 68 - 69, Squardon 3

Our son is a career USCG currently in Bahrain & Kuwait.

Proud to be with all who answered the call and thankful for all at home who support those who keep freedom alive.

Back