Veteran's Roll Call: All that served or serving our countries

My apologies to our British, Australian and other Allies. I should have included them too. We sometimes forget those "on the other side of the pond".

Our thanks and best wishes obviously go out to them as well.

Vet

USAF 9/62 - 3/66
Sheppard AFB 11/62 - 3/65
DonMuang RTAFB Bangkok, Thailand 3/65 -3/66
Thanks to all vets and current serving.
Wayne

US Army (active) 1988-1992
US Army National Guard 1992-1996

MOS (Job Title): Cavalry Scout (Forward Recon)

"If you ain't cav, you ain't s%$^!"

Wayne: DonMuang! Man that was fat cat duty :D.My second cousin was stationed there in '70.
While working (USAF civilian) in Bangkok, I once caught a ride out of there on a C130 to Takhli; never shut the doors the whole trip. Man it was hot and humid. I liked flying out of there on the other side of the runway better. LOL :D

Vet

Rex, luck of the draw. Theres a whole story behind that. BTW My wife and I visited Thailand last month, guess what its still hot.
Wayne

US Navy, 1990-1993
USS Abraham Lincoln CVN72
ABH3, Aviation Boatswains Mate Handler 3rd class, Ok worked on the flight deck of the ship. I'm sure you have seen the Carrier shows that talk about the guys in colored shirts. I started off as a blue shirt and moved up to yellow. Very cool, but dangerous job and am very proud that I did it and am proud of our boys and girls that are over there now. I'm very proud of everywhere here that has or is still serving. I wish everyone could do it.

US Navy 1971 -1994:
USS America
SRF Subic
USS Cook
NTTC Corry Station
USS Valley Forge (Pre-com + 6.5 yrs)
NTTC Corry Station, Pensacola, Florida

Terry in Florida

USMC 1983 - 1993
2861 Ground Radio Technician
2nd Tank Bn, H&S Company
Desert Shield - 1990-91
Desert Storm - 1991

Its wonderful to see so many of us have served their country. Quite an increase of names for this list.

Sure you can, Tom. Thanks for serving during some very trying times. You didn't happen to fly through Wake Island on your way over, did you?

Nope. Didn't have that pleasure. We had a 24 hour flight on a military charter by Airlift International. Departed McGuire AFB in New Jersey, 2 hour layover in Anchorage, Alaska, another 2 hour layover at Kadena AFB, Okinawa, then into Ton Son Nhut in Saigon.

Coming home was from Ton Son Nhut, to Yokota AFB, Japan, to Travis AFB in California, then bused to Oakland Army Terminal. Then got lucky when United upgraded my ticket at no charge from San Francisco to Pittsburgh.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. Didn't have that pleasure. We had a 24 hour flight on a military charter by Airlift International. Departed McGuire AFB in New Jersey, 2 hour layover in Anchorage, Alaska, another 2 hour layover at Kadena AFB, Okinawa, then into Ton Son Nhut in Saigon.

Coming home was from Ton Son Nhut, to Yokota AFB, Japan, to Travis AFB in California, then bused to Oakland Army Terminal. Then got lucky when United upgraded my ticket at no charge from San Francisco to Pittsburgh.

Tom
Just wondering. That was my last duty station (1966) USAF. TIA and Saturn contract airlines would fly troops through there to and from. TRUST me, you didn't miss anything...thinking about it...it is easy to miss:D:D.

Mr.Train, 10 years. Wish I stayed in for 20. Still don't know why I got out. Wake was my isolated tour and I would have had it made from there on working in pro-pay field (306).;)

Rex,
Airlift International wasn't too bad. Pretty crowded as one would expect, but the box lunches they served must have been leftovers from WWII. Coming home, I wouldn't have really cared if I had to ride with cattle or freight.
Tom

Usaf
66-92

note:tried to put the abbreviation in as all caps, but for some reason, it keeps coming back as shown above-it is the USAF:)

USN, 1977-1981
VF-142, USS America CVA-66, USS Eisenhower CVN-69
1980, 154 days at sea without a port call!

Back