Veteran's Roll Call: All that served or serving our countries

Australian Army 1962 - 1993

Malaya 1963 - 1966. Borneo 1965. Malaya 1967 - 1969. Vietnam 1969 - 1970
Would do it all over again.

US Navy -- Jan. 1956 to jan. 1959
Atlantic City, NJ---Jacksonville, Fl.-----Argentia, Newfoundland----Key West, Fl.
Aviation division---VX-3, VF-32, Fasron 106 & VX-1

Larry

This is to acknowledge my Father who served in both the Army and the Navy, based in Panama during the Army, then in Pensacola, Florida during the Navy where he taught Aviation maintainence and made his crew fly in the planes for the test flight. Also used to go on Sub patrol over the Bermuda Triangle. In later years he was the VFW Post Chaplan in Oakhurst, CA. Passed away Jan 09, 1989

A bad auto accident in 1965 caused me to be classified 1Y although I did pass the entrance exam with high marks.

GOD Bless Each & Every Veteran that has served & God Help this great nation retain our U.S. Constitutional Rights, Liberties & Properties, against Any and All Adversaries, foreign or domestic as well as helping all our Allies!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rex Da Nang was one big base wasn't it, with all branches of service there
Duke
Oh Yeah, it was very big. When I was there (65) it was still growing and still on the rough side. I went there TDY from Japan to setup some special commo gear and give tech support. The darndest thing was they took my AR15 (army still had M14's) away soon as I got off the plane. They told me I didn't need it; that the Marines had base security and would protect me when things got hot. Well, I felt pretty naked, but I guess they didn't trust an Air Force guy with anything that used bullets:D:D.

Wow, Bob, you sure did get some experience in jungle warfare. I've always admired the Australian Armed forces. For a relatively small country in terms of population, they've always been a very professional and well trained force. I also can't think of any conflict that the Aussies didn't assist the US when asked, including Iraq and Afghanistan. Just a word of appreciation from an American to you and all the Aussie vets.

Australian Army 1962 - 1993

Malaya 1963 - 1966. Borneo 1965. Malaya 1967 - 1969. Vietnam 1969 - 1970
Would do it all over again.

Navy, 1989-1995. Storm, Shield.... etc. USS Lincoln (maiden cruse), Nimitz, VFA-305, Golden Shellback. Blue Nose. CNBC/Warefare Spec., other stuff. Then DOD, DOJ, and other "various" gov. duties.

But it's all about the TRAINS NOW :D

Jeffrey Wimberly
US Army, 1978-1981
Ft Polk, Louisiana, 64C, Co B, 105th S&T Bn, 5th ID, Mech.[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]

Freedom Isn't Free![/FONT]

U.S.NAVY GMM 1 retired 1977-1992

USS Hepbrun FF 1055

NSGA Edzell

USS Gray FF 1054

and I'd do it all over again in a heart beat:D

US Army 1971-74
Participant, Southeast Asia War Games (twice)
So much wasted effort, confusing body count with victory...

My wife and I have always supported Canadian and American troops in their dangerous job of fighting terrorists to keep us safe here at home. We will be flying this flag from our flag pole from now on.

Thanks to all the vets and members of the Canadian and American Armed Forces everywhere.

May God bless them and keep them safe.

Bernie, Jim, Thanks I have many friends who are still serving and I can tell you they tell me that they do appreciate the support.

Bud

Back