Vehicles

JazzDad

Gandy Dancer
I recently purchased a couple of vehicles.

The 1934 Bedford Fire Engine (pumper) is branded by Del Prado of Italy, although made in China. I am very pleased with the detail, but can't comment on authenticity. (I know nothing about Bedford.) I didn't need a fire truck, so already am in the process of making it into a flat bed to haul stone from my quarry.

The 1956 Ferguson FE35 is Made by Universal Hobbies. The detail rivals that of a model that would cost hundreds of dollars. It doesn't really fit the era of my layout, but with some work it should look like a generic tractor of the time.

Hi JD,
Too bad that your killing that Bedford Fire Rescue. Although, they are cheap and plentiful. Matchbox Collectable also put outa 1939 bed Fire Tender and a tanker version as well. I have the DelPrado and the Matchbox.
I am a strickly 1/43 vehicle collector. I am on this sight to,learn how to make realistic scenes. And I love trains too. -just not collecting them - yet.
There are lots of 1/43 trucks of th 30' that are not all Ford Model As. might check out Ertl for these.

~TJHappy

Both the Ferguson and the Ford tractors of that era had a tool box mounted to the steering link. it contained the tools needed to attach and detach all of the accessories that were available for the tractors.

I don't know where the 'before' photos went.

P1070968.JPGP1070970.JPG

Last edited:

Back